Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Has Begging skillup changed?

I've been begging from mobs now for a week with not a single success or skill up. I have a macro that turns off auto attack, begs then turns attack back on, and used to train begging with it.

Not that begging matters but why haven't I had a single success or skillup since I started playing again?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I've never had much success raising beg on mobs. Also, what is your beg skill at? I'm at 114, and often it seems to take 60-100 begs for the skill to raise.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

It's at 36, but I gained that 36 in the early levels. I've gained six levels now without any begging successes or skillups.

I searched through multiple pages of results and found this in a thread about training begging:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can only beg from any humanoid NPC (before a recent patch, you could beg from anything). Begging = pick pocketing (if they have coin, you can beg it). If a monster agros you, you can no longer beg from it. Begging does work (I have an SK with 50).
Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since they nerfed it waste of time, unless you want to piss off your group.
but search results for "begging" in the News & Announcements forum show nothing about begging being changed.

I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time spamming this Beg+Attack macro. It used to work.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Begging works when you have aggro, it's how I got my begging maxed out back in the day. I had a bard friend keep aggro with slow/snare spell and I'd just sit there and beg. It may be aggro towards you BUT I would spend hours clicking beg every time it popped and for all of you who have begged a lot know that you get aggro from it soon enough.

There is truth in that you can only beg from humanoids. Some mobs are weird though and counted as humanoids. I remember being able to pick pocket from snakes but not lions/wolfs/constructs. Some undead could as well, was hit and miss if the undead let you or not. I don't have a complete list by any means although I did have it written down once upon a time.

Basically if you couldn't pickpocket form it then you couldn't beg from it. Pretty sure they follow the same rules.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

It's always been wonky on this server compared to Live. I used NFP guards on Live with great success. Took way longer on P99 to skill-up.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

I spent an hour today begging from my wolf pet without a single skill up. No wonder. Haha. Overseer of air is beggable... if any were curious.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortimer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent an hour today begging from my wolf pet without a single skill up. No wonder. Haha. Overseer of air is beggable... if any were curious.
Efreeti is as well. When your begging skill is <100 you can use sneak + begging to single pull efreeti out of his room, it takes a few tries but works. Used to love that trick on my druid, lol.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned

Ive only gotten to 37 myself. I dunno, Id rather level up languages than this skill.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always been wonky on this server compared to Live. I used NFP guards on Live with great success. Took way longer on P99 to skill-up.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread