Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Banned

I need to look into anemia, will watch vid cecily. I am highly vampiric.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Kroeger likes kids
As soon as I read that, I closed the tab.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
On average, one person a year has died in North America from ingesting death caps, though that number is rising as the mushroom spreads. More than 30 death-cap poisonings were reported in 2012, including three fatalities, while 2013 saw five cases and no deaths. In 2014, one person died of death-cap poisoning in Michigan; two in California; and one in Vancouver, after a Canadian man traveled to California, ate the mushrooms as part of a meal, and returned to Vancouver, where he became ill and died.
Long rambling article proceeds to not teach people how to properly identify a deathcap using spore prints or whatever it is they do. It's clearly a national crisis.
Last edited by Irulan; 02-04-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wonkie should i out myself here or not ? i will make another funny video one day, but IDK. I think I should keep it private, the Toxoplasmi say I should be impulsive and out myself to these neckbeards.
no mine i dont wanna share you
Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no mine i dont wanna share you
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.mommypotamus.com/catnip/
Old 02-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epidemiology

Amanita poisoning occurs because most people are not able to tell which mushrooms species are safe for consumption when foraging. Also, certain people seek psychotropic mushrooms to get a “high” but mistakenly ingest amanita mushrooms. Amanita mushrooms have no distinct taste or odor but are large (5 cm to 15 cm) and often indistinguishable in color or appearance from edible species.[3]
Go to:
Pathophysiology

The amanitin toxin is heat stable, remaining toxic whether eaten raw or cooked. The mechanism of action of amatoxin is by inhibiting RNA polymerase, causing disruption of transcription of mRNA. As a result, hepatocytes cannot synthesize key protein coding genes, leading to the disintegration of nucleoli and pathologically centrilobular hepatic necrosis. This leads to the insidious onset of liver failure over 48 hours. Late onset (more than six hours after ingestion) of vomiting and watery diarrhea occur due to the second component in some of these mushrooms which are phallotoxin. Lepiota species lack phallotoxins so may not have the onset of vomiting and diarrhea until after 12 hours post-ingestion, or may just present with symptoms of liver failure at 24 hours post ingestion.[4]

Go to:
Toxicokinetics

Amatoxins are rapidly absorbed from the intestine and transported into the liver by OATP transporters. Once in the hepatocyte they start to inhibit RNA polymerase. It takes about 24 hours before any signs or laboratory indicators of liver injury begin to appear.

Go to:
History and Physical

The course of Amanita toxicity has three phases:
  1. The first stage does not begin until six to 12 hours after ingestion; often foragers comment on how good the food made from Amanita species tastes, and there are no signs of a problem for at least 6 hours. After this silent phase, it is followed by the onset of nausea, abdominal cramps, profuse watery diarrhea, and signs of dehydration. A physical exam may reveal dry mucosal membranes and tachycardia, and given sufficient dehydration, hypotension.
  2. After the GI phase, the second stage appears where the patient appears to recover transiently, and GI symptoms resolve, but ongoing liver damage continues. This stage may last two to three days and is characterized by rising liver function transaminase, bilirubin, the development of coagulopathy, and eventually hepatic encephalopathy.
  3. In the third stage, both liver and renal function become compromised. Hepato-renal syndrome and hepatic encephalopathy may occur rapidly after laboratory signs of liver injury, and death can occur in three to seven days.

Go to:
Evaluation

All ingestions of suspected liver-toxic mushrooms should have a complete chemistry panel to include liver function tests and a baseline INR.[5]

Go to:
Treatment / Management

The treatment of Amatoxin mushroom toxicity is predominately supportive care. There is no specific antidote. The patient must have two large bore IVs and fluid loss, electrolyte deficiency, and glucose should be normalized. If the patient presents early (within two to four hours,) decontamination with oral activated charcoal may be performed. Once the stomach is empty, nausea should be treated if needed.[1][2]
Several agents have been used and have anecdotal support in the literature:
  1. N-acetyl-cysteine: Used intravenously (IV) as per acetaminophen poisoning to treat potential liver injury, and provide glutathione.
  2. Penicillin: High dose IV (four million units every four hours) is thought to compete with the liver uptake of the amatoxin.
  3. Silymarin: Both the pharmaceutical form available in Europe as an intravenous formulation and the over the counter raw milk thistle extract used in North America have been used in a majority of cases in the literature. Its mechanism of action is felt to be an OAT-P transporter inhibitor that slows the entry of amatoxin into the liver. Doses are 1 gm orally four times daily, or its purified alkaloid silibinin intravenously 5 mg/kg IV over one hour, followed by 20 mg/kg/day as a constant infusion.
  4. Activated charcoal: May reduce absorption of amatoxins if given early after ingestion and may also prevent toxin readsorption hours later as amatoxins undergo enterohepatic recirculation. A dose of 1 g/kg may be given every 2 to 4 hours.
  5. A variety of other therapies, such as intravenous cimetidine or thioctic acid, have been tried but have only animal model support.
In selected cases, once a severe liver injury occurs, despite aggressive fluid resuscitation and supportive care, a liver transplant may be the only life-saving option. Rapid progression to hepatic encephalopathy, hepatorenal syndrome, or coagulopathy are indications for liver transplantation. Consideration to transfer to a liver transplant setting and intensive care unit care should be done early in the course of mushroom ingestions.
When renal failure occurs, dialysis should be used, but its use even early after an ingestion does not remove Amatoxin from the blood.

Yeah. Amatoxin is scary as hell. That's my topic. Ty, Poke!

I ate about a quarter oz of Amanita Muscaria 2 weekends ago, saturday. Was alright, should've been sober instead of hard-buzzing when i started gobbling them though.

Requires further research. Will report back.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

I had a buddy once whose drug of choice was amanita muscaira, his life did not have a positive arc.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Brain Parisite Mermaids ��*♀️
Old 02-11-2019, 03:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.sciencealert.com/mind-al...gest-study-yet

I am always right. 1000% of the time. That is 10x geometry dash more than normal.

You should just crown me Empress of the Known Universe.
let alone its hypothetical ramifications – always cook food to safe temperatures, wash fruit and vegetables thoroughly,
Closed Thread