Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KC nubz
Old 12-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Aviak

KC trains are the most classic part of Kunark, hands down. Embrace them.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Banned

If someone pulls through your camp in KC then they zone and those mobs come to you? I say rejoice you got a free pull!
Old 12-21-2020, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

tell your CC'er to get gud and mez them or something
Old 12-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a guide were to say "yes" I would be scared to pull anything in KC at any time for fear of elf court activists getting mad.
Green is like 90% elf court activists. From low level camps in Befallen to end game everyone is an elf lawyer ready to /petition you for the slightest perceived infraction.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:42 PM
Banned

reported
Old 12-21-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerakiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you consider this zone disruption or a 'legitimate camp'?
For my part, I regard that specific camp as a case of camping on the freeway and anyone who fights there should expect to say hello to some unexpected guests once in awhile.

If Karnor's is not too crowded you could move across to right courtyard and not encounter the issue of other players (and their mobs) running through your camp. The left courtyard is located on the main route from the front to the back of the zone. Fight there and you can expect that sort of thing to happen once in awhile. That's how the zone is made. In the specific case of the left courtyard area in Karnor I've seen varied guide/GM rulings throughout the years due to the unique combination of it being both a) a popular group spot and b) also a chokepoint for transit in that zone. Really the rules should not matter anyway. No-one should be petitioning over accidental trains in that spot and nobody's claiming deliberate intent. Chalk it up to EQ being EQ and let it be.

Danth
Old 12-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill them.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerakiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have searched a bit and have had little luck in finding how this scenario is 'judged' in the play nice rules or addendums.

your group is in LCY of KC. your group is doing well and pulling more than the mobs of LCY. not many people are in the zone, and the mobs are up. why not put them down. another player or group of players is pulling from beyond LCY to the zone entrance/exit. This could come from ramparts, hands, jails...who cares where it came from. The group pulls through LCY, effectively placing social on LCY, and is fully intended to be killed at zone in. Except, the mob is not killed. the player or group has needed to drop aggro on their intended kill at their intended camp. This pull now rushes back to LCY with or without repawn friends from moat or captain. put this into play as a common occurence by various players with a varying number of trained mobs.

Would you consider this zone disruption or a 'legitimate camp'?
I mean how is this much different from a train in general where they run to the zone and live and the mobs path back through your camp?

I guess because they are deliberately pulling to the ZL?
Old 12-21-2020, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worrying about KC trains in 2020, yikes.