Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue however was allowed to be customized as per the rog/bog messages.

sorry, not sorry.

Try again with more thought.
No idea what the hell you are talking about. You act like I am supposed to have some deep understanding of these servers’ histories. My single char on green is level 41. That’s my only p99 char. What’s your chars levels again? How much of your life have you dumped into p99?
Old 08-12-2021, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what the hell you are talking about. You act like I am supposed to have some deep understanding of these servers’ histories. My single char on green is level 41. That’s my only p99 char. What’s your chars levels again? How much of your life have you dumped into p99?
Did you just join in 2015 and wait half a decade to make your first character?
Old 08-12-2021, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like he forgot he was posting from a different account lmao
Old 08-12-2021, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

I would have said no but Greens population is going to utter shit and I need people to level with since I have no interest raiding ToV into infinity
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-12-2021, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
over 75% of the player names would be duped if u combined servers. what a dumb idea.
Same accounts, no issue. The name isn’t even the problem, it’s not a constraint in the DB schema, it’s only checked on creation. I’m sure Rogbog were able to test and validate their merge and rename procedure before we even knew greens launch date.

The core of the source for P99 is (likely) based on EQEmu.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server
Old 08-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yes. I couldn’t figure out how to install in 2015 so I gave up for 5 years

And I should be higher than 41 considering I’ve been playing since last year but I slowed down the exp to farm up ~10k pp (plus getting pre-raid bis in every slot which is another 3-4k ish for my class) which seems like a good amount for my lev. Not in a rush to get to max lev
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-12-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Old 08-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yes. I couldn’t figure out how to install in 2015 so I gave up for 5 years
Makes you wonder how many potential players we've lost over the years because of the install being such a pain to do.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Zero point rolling Green this late in the progression. It's already unclassic enough, why not just roll Blue and enjoy pet window, visible DoT damage, cheaper market, custom UIs, etc. You won't be getting overrated (minus 1-2 items) warder loot anyways.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes you wonder how many potential players we've lost over the years because of the install being such a pain to do.
Been here since 2013, but delayed my start on p99 by a couple of years because I didnt want to risk my access to other EQEmu servers by downloading the custom files...

Looking back that was a foolish move, creating a separate folder is a pretty basic task
Old 08-19-2021, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this idea. It would be more classic to those who had servers that the GM's headed rotations on. I remember rotations being a thing on The Tribunal.

Even if it was 3/4 weeks rotated and 1 week competitive, it would be a a mostly "hands off" server that the GM's wouldn't have to deal with drama on.
Fellow Tribunal player here! I was a member of the Nobility of Norrath, great to see another old server mate!
Closed Thread