Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-30-2022, 08:28 PM
Large Rat

Default Old School EQ Married Couple having a hard time getting past the IPBlock process.

My partner and I are excited about getting back to playing classic here but are having a bear of a time getting our ipblock removed so we can play together. How long does this usually take.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:56 AM
Aviak

Same situation in my household, but we started last fall. It only took a couple days for the peitition to be actioned on the forums then. There were recently some staff/GM changes and they may still be getting situated and caught up though so hopefully they get you fixed up soon.

Just make sure you included all the information requested in your petition post.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaruMutani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My partner and I are excited about getting back to playing classic here but are having a bear of a time getting our ipblock removed so we can play together. How long does this usually take.
Yeah volunteer staff, it can take a while. Just don't bump or you move to the bottom.

They will take care of it.

Can always have one person play off a cell phone hot spot as a temporary fix to not share IP :P
Old 08-31-2022, 11:25 AM
Large Rat

Thanks Treefall that' exactly what I did last night. 5g is pretty fast i my area so just got started last night.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2022, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

I just did the same for my wife and I! I'm curious as to how I will know if I still have to wait. Does someone just reply to your thread or a PM or something?
Old 09-13-2022, 02:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did the same for my wife and I! I'm curious as to how I will know if I still have to wait. Does someone just reply to your thread or a PM or something?
My son and I applied, and it took about a week. We never heard anything back, we just suddenly were able to play together. If you put in the info they asked for it should happen.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:19 AM
Large Rat

I just applied as well - Hoping that it is fixed quickly. I can not even see the thread that I started.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysea79 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just applied as well - Hoping that it is fixed quickly. I can not even see the thread that I started.
Check under "resolved petitions".

-Mcoy
Old 10-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

The staff does this very routinely but it is a volunteer staff so there is usually a que of petitions they go through in bursts. IP one might need a senior admin to modify the network settings on the server.