Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue might be reasonable also.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you don't already use one and have the ability to use your thumb without any issues I would recommend getting a mmo mouse. This will give you 12 buttons on the side of the mouse that you can press. With green having the hotbar fixed you now have 10 slots that you can put your abilities, spells, macros in that you can just click on your mouse. I went through a couple Razer Naga mouses but am currently using a corsair scimitar mouse. For myself I find the Scimitar more comfortable to use than the Naga and find I am able to use the 12 buttons better on it.

As for class, I would always say play what you really want to play and interests you as it is a long road and you can quickly loose interest in a character you don't enjoy playing. With that said I would be more mindful on the role you might end up playing. If you MT'd in WoW, I don't see why you wouldn't have a problem playing a tank class in EQ, in terms a movement and ability usage. The caster and healer classes should have less movement for you then playing a tanking class. You mentioned Cleric being your top choice and that should work well for you. Between using an MMO mouse and the F keys for targeting you could get by pretty well.

As you mentioned puller would be out of the question. So if you do plan on grouping a lot I would be mindful of playing a class that others would want you to pull for them. That doesn't mean that you couldn't play that class but you could be asked to fill that role.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Cleric is a great choice in a group setting. Can be very laid back, throwing a heal and buffs out here and there.

Definitely wouldn't recommend a cleric for you if you are looking to XP faster as a duo with a necro/enchanter/druid as they would expect help with roots/stuns etc, a mage would work nicely, as no charm pet breaks. Just sit back and heal the summoned pet.

EQ does have a lot of 6 minute single camps. If you pick the right class/faction you can most likely solo to 60. Will take time, but not out of the question.

Mage is a good second choice. Send pet in, nuke 51% for all the XP, med and repeat.

Necro depending on your abilities. Snare,fear, send pet in, dots and repeat.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:48 AM
Large Bat

I thought that nobody was playing this WoW anymore, that she had died as well as Hots.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

I've played a couple druids and am not a fast player under pressure. I had fun with druid since as many people have said fear/root dotting is pretty laid back. If things get out of hand, you have SoW/autorun. Sitting around and porting for tips is pretty laid back. It's just a fun class to play!

I hope you find something fun that will suit your play style!!
Old 09-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Orc

Cleric would be rough if you have to solo at all but everyone needs and loves clerics so grouping up or finding a duo partner wouldn't be an issue.

If you prefer to solo more Druid has a few different play styles that can work for you depending how you're doing that day, root rotting doesn't require a lot quick movements and if you're having a better day then you can quad and get a bit more xp imo.

Necromancer would be fine too given they have a lot of nice group utility spells and can solo incredibly well so you could take you time exploring dungeons a bit safer with invis/ivu and FD if that's a direction you wanted to try as well.

If it helps at all everyone on P99 is disabled in way shape or form.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:54 AM
Banned

Rogue, Mage, or Cleric.

Necro would probably be fine as well. Especially when you get to the stage when root rotting becomes possible. Still a good choice. There isn't an excessive amount of spell gem swapping.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Have you picked a class yet, OP?
Old 10-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Cleric, rogue, mage are very relaxed play compared to other classes. Wizard too if you can find groups.

Don’t roll a tank of any kind, don’t roll a shaman or enchanter either.

Necro is pretty relaxed too - but certain circumstances require fast action (solo)

Bard in group can be chill if you just focus on twisting 1-2 songs, and most high level groups really just want a bard for mama battery.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

you can get by on typing slow by setting up your hotbars nicely

you get 0-9 per page and i think theres 9 pages? you just hit shift and number to go to that page where you can have premade social responses