Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default PSA: Don't Pay for Rezzes!

Seriously. This practice needs to be banned. I've been offered ridiculous sums to rez people in (relatively) easy to reach areas. Mana is free - you literally get it by sitting on ass. If you're after a rez, get a cleric a port somewhat nearby and get rezzed. If you don't mind waiting until evening hours EST then I'll hit you. I'm at 2544 96%'s and looking to grow that number. I can't count the number of offers of free ports I've been offered just because I said I was on the way to rez someone. Let us make this a thing! #ClericsUnited #Obamacare

Also clerics have alts that die too. It's a win/win situation...

-Mcoy
Old 11-17-2017, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Mcoy needs his own personal porting service. DAP VIP status.

P.S. will always port you for free on Sond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Last edited by Sonderbeast; 11-17-2017 at 12:41 AM..
Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

Wouldn't it be: "never refuse to rez without a tip!" ?
I mean, why would you want to force players not to tip if they want to? ^^
I don't play a cleric eh, so i'm not trying to protect my turf. and i don't really tip either lol, but i don't see how that can be a problem, ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#Freedom

(that being said, i do have a 53 druid and i'd port anyone for free any time of the day if i'm available hehe so i know the feeling)
Old 11-17-2017, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. This practice needs to be banned. I've been offered ridiculous sums to rez people in (relatively) easy to reach areas. Mana is free - you literally get it by sitting on ass. If you're after a rez, get a cleric a port somewhat nearby and get rezzed. If you don't mind waiting until evening hours EST then I'll hit you. I'm at 2544 96%'s and looking to grow that number. I can't count the number of offers of free ports I've been offered just because I said I was on the way to rez someone. Let us make this a thing! #ClericsUnited #Obamacare

Also clerics have alts that die too. It's a win/win situation...

-Mcoy
Think of it as a thank you for the player's time saved, as much as a payment for the cleric's time expended.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:25 AM
Kobold

I think that if you are able to tip, and under circumstances where you are asking the cleric to travel or go out of their way for you.. you would be a sleaze not to.
honestly if I played a Cleric. I might actually offer it as a service from time to time, and you bet your bullocks a bit of gratitude goes a long ways.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

in b4 this lands in rnf
Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 AM
Sarnak

America ! Fuck Yeah !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capitalism.jpg (79.8 KB, 467 views)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Fire Giant

Cleric rezzing is a service just like porting. Of course, if the cleric is literally standing next to your corpse with epic in hand, it's trivial for him to rez you... and he/she shouldn't expect a lot of compensation. If on the other hand the cleric has to abandon his/her normal game play, then it's only fair to offer compensation. Saints like Mcoy won't take it of course and that is fine.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Mcoy rezzed me and a bunch of my idiot friends in Kedge and wouldn't even take some peridots as payment. Brother's on some next level altruism.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Kobold

OP sounds like a busybody desperately trying to confirm he's a better person than everyone else. If people want to offer money to entice someone to log on their cleric, find a port, and run to their corpse, that is their own business. Time is money, after all.

I've done many uncompensated rezzes over the years, and I've received more than a few very generous tips as well. It all evens out in the end. The plat or peridot tip for a rez is just a way of saying, "thanks for your time, friend," and spitting on that thanks does not confer on the cleric any moral high ground.