Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Your choice is delete all the pixels on green or move them to blue, what is your choice?
Old 08-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your choice is delete all the pixels on green or move them to blue, what is your choice?
If that is my binary choice I choose delete. I don't want my history now mingled with people who have their own stories for the past 12 years.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is my binary choice I choose delete. I don't want my history now mingled with people who have their own stories for the past 12 years.
I don't understand how never being able to play your character again is in any way better than being able to play them forever (but their "story is mingled"). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

haha yeah we must maintain the legitimacy of my 15 year old classic server lmao

Years of exploits and cheaters, literally years of it! It's legitimacy must be maintained!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2021, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

over 75% of the player names would be duped if u combined servers. what a dumb idea.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand
you dont seem to understand much anymore.

in hind sight (*for you) I will always be here, watching. Even when you've finally realized you've been lied to and nothing was gained.

Baler is watching.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
over 75% of the player names would be duped if u combined servers. what a dumb idea.
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-se...r-server-merge

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Naming Conflicts

If, as a result of the server merge, two or more characters have the same name, the conflict will be resolved as follows:
The player who has logged into game within 60 days before the merge will retain the original character name. If there is still a conflict, the character with the highest number of minutes played will retain the original character name.
The renamed character will have additional vowels (or 'x') added to the end of their name and be flagged for a free rename. Characters who have been renamed can open the rename window to pick a new name with /changename chat command.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how never being able to play your character again is in any way better than being able to play them forever (but their "story is mingled"). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't plan on merging. My characters will retire if that happens and never play again. I did not choose Green to experience the progression, I chose it as my home. When it disappears so will I. I don't expect eqemu to hold my interest forever anyway, there are always new pastimes and hobbies.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't plan on merging. My characters will retire if that happens and never play again.
Yeah that's what a museum is dude. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nilbogs own words,. Blue is a museum.

----
Edit: and to anyone who voted No, Enjoy having a fucked up economy that's just as tainted as blue's you funasses.
There is a reason for seasson/leauge/ladder resets, primarily a fresh economy. Stop living in lala land and accept your progress will be void in next year.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-06-2021 at 05:07 PM..
Old 08-06-2021, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm seeing scary psychosis that I didn't expect here.

Green is your home?

When its 10 years dead and gone you're going to have two museum dead ass servers and you think some reason your pixels are going to be fucked sideways if they integrate with blue?

I'd merge them this second just to lay this shit to rest, everyone should be thankful that Staff is inhumanly patient with the mad crazy box stuff that goes on here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread