Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Do you meet the physical activity guidelines for Americans??

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

yes, easily
Old 10-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Banned

I heat my home with wood during the winter and spend all summer gathering it, which is quite a workout. So yes.

However, like any good EQ player I also have my moments of shameful slobbery.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Physicality an issue but the real problem with adults are our mental guidelines.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Banned

By aerobic they mean cardio, and 5 hours a week is a lot. I wonder what % of America can honestly say they are meeting or exceeding those requirements?

The majority of people I talk to who aren’t immediate family (I come from an athletic family), such as friends and co-workers say they exclusively just lift weights

Over time I have kind of adopted the cynical perception that everyone hates cardio and almost no one does it…
Old 10-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By aerobic they mean cardio, and 5 hours a week is a lot. I wonder what % of America can honestly say they are meeting or exceeding those requirements?

The majority of people I talk to who aren’t immediate family (I come from an athletic family), such as friends and co-workers say they exclusively just lift weights

Over time I have kind of adopted the cynical perception that everyone hates cardio and almost no one does it…
I hate running on treadmills, but I'm lucky to live in a beautiful rural area with lots of steep hills, and just walking a few miles of those is great cardio. Weights\building muscle mass is better for losing fat if that's your goal though. Both are important!

If you can watch the carbs and maintain steady lean protein intake, it's not too hard to be in shape and still eat nearly anything you want, just moderate.

It's always funny in MMA post-fight press conferences where some dude who is in amazing physical condition is just sitting there eating a big slice of pizza answering questions.
Last edited by Ooloo; 10-08-2021 at 04:27 PM..
Old 10-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate running on treadmills, but I'm lucky to live in a beautiful rural area with lots of steep hills, and just walking a few miles of those is great cardio. Weights\building muscle mass is better for losing fat if that's your goal though. Both are important!

If you can watch the carbs and maintain steady lean protein intake, it's not too hard to be in shape and still eat nearly anything you want, just moderate.
Ya that's true about the building muscle to burn fat part, definitely

I can and have run hundreds of miles on treadmills but always prefer outside too. Outside is so much more dynamic...just last night I had a neighborhood dog trying to bite me as I ran, lol never know what the road might show you today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree too on the cheat meal part. I used to try to hardcore diet to where I wouldn't even put spreads on my sandwiches and just ate them dry, stuff like that. I'd crash off them and then rebel against the diet. I don't even like the concept of dieting, because it implies temporary to me. I always tell people if its not a way of eating you are ready to continue for the rest of you life, you're just going to put the fat back on eventually

So I definitely do the occasional cheat meal. Yesterday this hispanic co-worker brought in cheesecake Churros, oh man was that good, and I don't even like cheesecake...
Old 10-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Banned

63 steps yesterday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

doing moich better today!

like 280!
Old 10-08-2021, 06:50 PM
Banned

6'3
190lbs
hair to butt
18%ish body fat

Scando/German
No allergies
Kettlebell routine W 45lb 3x week for general maintenance
I hate cardio though unless its rowing, so got a really nice rower and always hit that HIIT when I feel like it.

I was very NEET from like 12-19 though so was like 150lbs and only the constant masturbation saved my heart.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:51 PM
Banned

I like how the pic says “aerobic activity preferably spread throughout the week” as if any sane person is going to do 5 straight hours of cardio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread