Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-23-2021, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

This ones up there with Torched charm pets on the "why hasn't this been fixed yet?" tier list.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Oh it's gonna get fixed, I have full faith, and it will be GLORIOUS.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

I know it's frowned upon to bump without additional evidence, but I just wanted to ask Nilbog, if you've had time to look at this?

I think it's time to squash the last few glaring bugs on p99. Channelling, Charm duration, Charm pet auto-quad with Torch, Memblur success rate, Sleeper's Tomb trash revamp, Fist weapons (Tunare, Eashen), Hoshkar Cleric staff, Raid bosses not gating when on their spawn point, etc.

Yeah, people won't be happy. But either rip off the bandaid or just tell us it's not gonna happen. The way Baton of Flame was handled was annoying, why not address all the other obviously broken weapons at the same time, so people don't feel targetted? Same deal with the Monk Sneak memblur fix, should've fixed Charm and Enc blur at the same time.

I know it's not that simple, and I appreciate all the Devs have done. I've been around since beta and have submitted dozens upon dozens of bugs. But we're 7 years into Velious. If you're burnt out, that's understandable, but maybe consider bringing on some new blood to address some things?
Old 02-27-2022, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's frowned upon to bump without additional evidence, but I just wanted to ask Nilbog, if you've had time to look at this?

I think it's time to squash the last few glaring bugs on p99. Channelling, Charm duration, Charm pet auto-quad with Torch, Memblur success rate, Sleeper's Tomb trash revamp, Fist weapons (Tunare, Eashen), Hoshkar Cleric staff, Raid bosses not gating when on their spawn point, etc.

Yeah, people won't be happy. But either rip off the bandaid or just tell us it's not gonna happen. The way Baton of Flame was handled was annoying, why not address all the other obviously broken weapons at the same time, so people don't feel targetted? Same deal with the Monk Sneak memblur fix, should've fixed Charm and Enc blur at the same time.

I know it's not that simple, and I appreciate all the Devs have done. I've been around since beta and have submitted dozens upon dozens of bugs. But we're 7 years into Velious. If you're burnt out, that's understandable, but maybe consider bringing on some new blood to address some things?
They have more than 3,700 submitted Bug posts to go through. And that is just what is in this Subforum, they doesn't include the posts in Green Bugs, Quest Bugs, Spells, Mechanics, Merchants, NPC Bugs, Pathing etc...

They don't have a full time professional IT staff to do this Stuff, its just 2 dudes in their spare time when they feel like, working on issues here and there.

Be Patient, its gonna be a long while before this post and a lot others ever get reviewed if ever.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:59 AM
Kobold

Also A lot people waste their time by not reading the directions at the top of the page. I would imagine quite a few of the bug submissions are duplicate bug reports or simply don't have any sources cited.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Project Manager
"

With the new round of beta testing, this is highly relevant.

Please make sure to include all the information you can about an issue.

I'm wasting a lot of time reading posts with no research or links.

Thanks.
"
Old 02-27-2022, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, that was kinda my point. We used to have a lot more GMs. Uthgard, Sirken, etc. I don't believe we've added a new one since beta.

This game has always been nilbog's vision, and he's done an insane amount of work. Why not bring on a volunteer to address some of these longstanding bugs, and submit them to nilbog for approval? That way he doesn't have to be a one man team, and accomplish his goal faster.

And yes, I realize the numerous messy breakups of former staff members probably makes them hesitant.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that was kinda my point. We used to have a lot more GMs. Uthgard, Sirken, etc. I don't believe we've added a new one since beta.

This game has always been nilbog's vision, and he's done an insane amount of work. Why not bring on a volunteer to address some of these longstanding bugs, and submit them to nilbog for approval? That way he doesn't have to be a one man team, and accomplish his goal faster.

And yes, I realize the numerous messy breakups of former staff members probably makes them hesitant.
I think it might be unrealistic to expect anything to change at this point. While there are talented software engineers out there who could probably help fix a lot of the issues here, it's very unlikely many of them would be interested in doing unpaid work on emulator of a old video game. The few that would are probably mostly P99 players. Rogean and Nilbog would likely see that as a conflict of interest. I don't foresee things getting any better soon.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it might be unrealistic to expect anything to change at this point. While there are talented software engineers out there who could probably help fix a lot of the issues here, it's very unlikely many of them would be interested in doing unpaid work on emulator of a old video game. The few that would are probably mostly P99 players. Rogean and Nilbog would likely see that as a conflict of interest. I don't foresee things getting any better soon.
You're probably right. I even offered my own services, as I have years of experience as a volunteer Dev/GM on another popular EQEmu game, and I'm not an active raider so there shouldn't be any conflict worries. I never got a reply.

It sucks, but, yeah, guess it's time to accept it.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh it's gonna get fixed, I have full faith, and it will be GLORIOUS.
Indeed.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Color_Flux
Old 05-27-2022, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Bump, coming up on 6 months since last staff response, I think that qualifies under the request that bugs not be bumped unless it has been a long time.