Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-05-2022, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Default Good starting gear for a newbie ranger?

Been years and all of a sudden I have an itch to play Evercrack again.

Started a ranger. Never played one before and they're fairly unpopular. Perfect for me!

What kind of gear should I seek out? I cannot twink and have no money. Is there anything cheap I can acquire that will perform better than the random rusty weapons I'm finding?
Old 04-05-2022, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

You don’t need any gear to prosper but you can get a full set of banded armor for about 100pp of your own earnings or someone will give you a set for free (see some free banded post somewhere in starting zone)

Lots of affordable weapons to buy when you get some money and people will give you stuff but focus on adventuring and all the gear will fall into place nothing you get on your first play through will make or break the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Springwood Stave is a good starting weapon, decent ratio for a 2-hander and it's Ranger-only, so it's dirt cheap, 50pp or so. You can switch to the Woodsman's Staff later, which is quite a bit more expensive but has an excellent ratio and makes for a solid upgrade.

If you prefer to dual-wield like me, Lamentations aren't too expensive right now, wouldn't take you long to buy a pair of them. Ebony Bladed Longswords are a good starting point, fairly weak ratio but extremely cheap and good enough until your 30s.

Banded is fine for armor, but save up and get some HP rings to go with it. 4/45 rings are only 100pp each and make a difference early on. 6/65hp rings are better, but at 400pp each might take you a while to afford.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Lamentations are cool because all the ranger races have terrible melee stats and they really give you a nice boost, my character looked so much stronger with those things equipped (stat wise)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been years and all of a sudden I have an itch to play Evercrack again.

Started a ranger. Never played one before and they're fairly unpopular. Perfect for me!

What kind of gear should I seek out? I cannot twink and have no money. Is there anything cheap I can acquire that will perform better than the random rusty weapons I'm finding?
Tarnished two handed sword (combine rusty weapon + sharpening stone in forge) probably best you can get outside of begging. The vendor bought weapons are like 3-20pp and a tad better than rusty/tarnished

You can probably get much better magic weapons for the same price from a sympathetic adventurer (or even free).

Silver swiftwind is a good bang for buck weapon once you have some pp saved.

A suit of banded, some fire wedding rings and silver chitin gand wraps will take you up to raid levels (eventually) and ‘only’ costs 1-3k depending on server.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Banned

If you ever do save up some sort of plat, i recommend getting a lamentation

it has good hp stats and a solid ratio

it's only about 400-500 plat so by mid level you should be able to afford one

my warrior dual wielded them with a silver chitin hand wrap and i soloed my way to high 30s, i assume rangers can do better since they fear kite animals
Last edited by Tunabros; 04-05-2022 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-05-2022, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Silver swiftblade is very good low level 2hs to get the skill high. Also get a low delay 2hb, and a 1hb, and a piercer and get all those skills good especially once you start slowing down your levels.
Lost but not forgotten.