Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-16-2022, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Necro only gets better the higher you get. I do recommend joining a guild. They can help you answer these questions in game. Steamfont is fantastic 1-14. Also lfay sister camp is excellent 12-18ish.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:59 AM
Orc

I"m doing the Gnoll fang quests, quite impressive. Got 2 levels relative quickly(8 at moment) and will probably get 12 and heat blood soon. About the randomness of pet level, if I'm lv 4 I don't care if my pet is lv 3,4 or 5. Now, if I"m lv 7 and summoned an "green" pet, I just send him away.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:38 AM
Orc

Other question. Blackburrow was an amazing region to level up. I got lots of XP in relative short time there but when I was adventuring there, from nothing an lv 12 grizzly bear appeared literally behind me, killed me, and when I attempted to re enter, he was literally in the door of the dungeon. How much time I have to get my corpses and tons of Gnoll fangs there? I just can't defeat or evade him.

I tried to use my skeleton as an distraction while use /corpse to try to drag my corpse, but it din't worked. Even the lv 9 skeleton dies in a couple of seconds. Any suggestion? I also don't have money to buy Gather Shadows spell... I would have if I could get my corpses...
Last edited by LordVictor; 08-16-2022 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-16-2022, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other question. Blackburrow was an amazing region to level up. I got lots of XP in relative short time there but when I was adventuring there, from nothing an lv 12 grizzly bear appeared literally behind me, killed me, and when I attempted to re enter, he was literally in the door of the dungeon. How much time I have to get my corpses and tons of Gnoll fangs there? I just can't defeat or evade him.

I tried to use my skeleton as an distraction while use /corpse to try to drag my corpse, but it din't worked. Even the lv 9 skeleton dies in a couple of seconds. Any suggestion? I also don't have money to buy Gather Shadows spell... I would have if I could get my corpses...
just wait, mobs wander back to their spawn point eventually. The bear is at the entrance because someone dragged him there.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Orc

Yep. I did it and got enough "platinum" to buy my lv 12 sepells. Thanks a lot for the help. I also reached lv 10 relative quickly.

I also tried a bit high elf magician. OMG my lv 4 water elemental pet seems better than my lv 8 nec pet, he literally killed an lv 6 giant bat without losing half of his hp....

Two more questions, sorry if I'm being annoying :
1 - Does necro has "dire charms" in this game? In live I can dire charm stuff
2 - IS truth that at high levels, pets become weaker in relatoin to mobs?

Thanks a lot for the answers and help;.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

No dire charm on p99,and yeah as you level your pet gets weaker in relation to mobs. Necro pets can't really tank well at high levels, necros can overcome this by fear kiting. Feared mobs don't murder pets.
Magicians are very strong at low levels,but their power level dies off at high levels, their pets are only marginally better than Necro pets but without the Necro abilities.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:48 PM
Orc

LV 13 now. Heat blood + Engulfing darkness is extremely good. Qeynos is extremely better than Freeport. About dire charm, I asked about dire charm cuz "enslave death" in the wiki doesn't have the "Breaks randomly." text description.

One last question. I putted an spell above my spellbook in the active bar and how I can put a /book command there again?
Old 08-22-2022, 11:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I made a gnome necro the other day (I'm a total noob). Spent two minutes trying to work out where I was on a map, then a merchant ran over and killed me...

I didn't realize it was a merchant until I tried to loot my corpse and saw the merchant run over and kill me again.

After the pile of bodies got up to four, I deleted that toon and made a different one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm obviously not ready to play a necro
Old 08-22-2022, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Enslave death does not break randomly,but it is very short duration at 30 seconds. Useful for crowd control,perhaps.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by although [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a gnome necro the other day (I'm a total noob). Spent two minutes trying to work out where I was on a map, then a merchant ran over and killed me...

I didn't realize it was a merchant until I tried to loot my corpse and saw the merchant run over and kill me again.

After the pile of bodies got up to four, I deleted that toon and made a different one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm obviously not ready to play a necro
I got killed so many times by NPCs while traveling from Qeynos to Freeport to level up in Oasis...

Anyway, lv 19 now.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yes, playing p99 in ArchLinux + KDE.

So I will ask few more questions.
  • In live, I specialized in alteration. Should I specialize in alteration in p99 too?
  • Any way to avoid ambushes while playing in FP in open fields?
  • Does the DoTs of the same line stack in p99? Can I throw ignite blood + heat blood + boil blood in a single enemy?
  • Does the same applies to "lich" spells? Can I throw pact of dead + allure of death at the same time?
  • Intensify death requires research. I have read in wikia but din't understood exactly how I research. Any guide?
  • Is Befallen a good place to level up? I'm getting tired of this Oasis and never liked much deserts.