Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Happy I was told about this, but some things are missing for me.

I was told on youtube about this server/project, and man I wish I learned about it earlier! Classic EQ was my favorite MMORPG so far. I'm so rusty I can't even remember simple things like leaving a group, drinking alcohol etc. That might be because this Titanium interface is way different than I remember. I stopped playing shortly after Luclin (because I didn't like the changes and direction of the game) so I only know classic EQ.

I'm noticing some things are wrong (the Paineel lift and the boat from Odus to Qeynos are definitely not what I remember, unless memory fails me), and other things I'm missing:

The sound effect skeleton pets make when sitting/standing is absent for me, and I'm suspecting other sound effects are absent too. The world doesn't sound quite as vibrant as I remember. The environmental effects are all there on continuous loops but things like skeleton pet effects aren't. I'm also missing the classic theme music.

Do we have to use Titanium? I have the original Everquest CD (the one with the tutorial), the Kunark CD and the Velious CD. Is it not possible to use them instead? I'd have the old interface back that I'm used to and I think the problems with sound effects would be fixed.

I used Duxa's All In One Installer and used option (7): "FIX underwater sound stopping after 5 seconds, and install higher quality classic sounds", option (9): "Change Theme and Death music to classic or restore new versions", and some other options. The sound options I don't think worked at all, and I don't know why.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Not possible to use those old versions of the client unless you regress to EQEmu 0.4.0 series? (A lot of packet structures/opcodes changed along the way)

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Aviak

You can get the old loading music back by deleting the eq theme music in your EQ folder, and I believe the furthest back UI you can use is the velious one, which you can load in game using /load velious. Unfortunately, the Titanium client is required and to my knowledge there is no support for previous expansions (installing classic through trilogy).
Old 10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

I tried /load velious but it's definitely not the UI I remember.

What about the missing sound effects? That's what bothers me the most. The music I didn't hear except when loading, the UI I can get used to, but the missing sound effects I can't. I miss the sound my skeleton pets used to make when sitting/standing, and I think there might be more missing here and there.

After running Duxa's All In One Installer to choose classic themese I noticed that Eqtheme and Deaththeme were missing too, so I just ran it again and restored new themes and they're back (they're not classic but they're back). Now I'm wondering if maybe running the patch to fix water effects and install better quality classic effects messed things up.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-09-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

I don't play with sound, so I can't help you there.

You need to actually have the Velious UI downloaded to use it. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\uifiles. Inside this you need to place the Velious UI found here: http://www.project1999.org/files/veliousuiv3.zip. You should then have a directory called C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\uifiles\Velious. Obviously make alterations if your EverQuest is installed somewhere else. Once this is complete use /load Velious in game.

Only Titanium can be used because the entire server is developed around it. No other version of EverQuest is supported. If you're wondering why... there's a classic EverQuest project that's been in development long before Project 1999 and is still in development based on using the original Trilogy files. This project will probably be in development forever.

The Paineel and Kelethin lifts are a bit buggy and require 3-4 clicks to operate. Can't be fixed as of now I assume, since the devs have been aware of this forever.

The boat is a different model because during a DX update the original boat model lost collision detection. The solution was to use a boat that you could actually stand on, even though it's not the same classic boat model.

The boat routes themselves are wrong as well, I've tried to get devs to change this but to no avail.

For loading, death, and combat music either delete or move the following files outside of your EverQuest directory:

eqtheme.mp3
combattheme1.mp3
combattheme2.mp3
deaththeme.mp3

lol wut
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

I've been following that classic Everquest project for years now. On the off chance it's ever actually finished, it may not even be hosted. That's why I'm happy I found this.

I do have the velious UI and it works, but I don't think I used it back then because it looks alien to me.

Loading and combat music also work, but I can't use Duxa's to make the music classic. It just erases the new ones.

What I'm having a hard time with is finding someone to bind me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It was never this hard. Odus is a bad place to level without the Warrens, and Qeynos has nobody that can bind. Qeynos used to be pretty packed and it only took a few minutes to find someone that could do it, if that long.

(and of course the missing sound effects)
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-10-2011 at 01:46 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure everyone was forced to use that UI during Velious, I remember it vividly.

lol wut
Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Aviak

Try Duxa's Installer (thread in the technical section of the forum) It fixed a few problems i had (With skeletons being new model / Wolves being new model) it also set me up with the old kunark loading screens which i liked.

Note: I did have to go in after running it and update my spells file but other than that it fixed some things i probably borked on the install.

If you have problems updating the spells file afterwards let me know its easy to fix (Just drag drop spells file from the update you download in the get started area)
Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Spell files are done. Duxa's either screwed up some of the sound effects, or they're already screwed up and it didn't fix them.

As for Velious UI, I really don't remember it. These boxes, the way things are set up, the help files etc. are not familiar to me. And it's the Velious UI I'm using.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure everyone was forced to use that UI during Velious, I remember it vividly.
classic and velious interface coexisted without enforcing for almost 2 years. I think it wasn't until late Luclin, when classic was removed and Velious was enforced. I remember this well, cause I kept using classic interface all way until I was forced to switch, and remember standing in Bazaar when this happen.
Closed Thread