Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because rights protect you from the State doin' stuff. it's not a circumvention, you just don't know anything.
Last edited by Elizondo; 09-17-2021 at 10:23 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gibberish
I'm real sorry that you're real dumb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go vote for Bernie
Old 09-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

jUsT cREatE yoUr oWn twITteR
Old 09-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jUsT cREatE yoUr oWn twITteR
you aren't entitled to their megabytes
Old 09-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freedom of speech never trumped freedom of association, they're co-equally cute and valid.

Twitter isn't obligated to do business with you if you make things difficult for them.
That's not what I'm talking about, although given twitter's influence and scope it's getting more and more concerning.

I'm talking about getting somebody publically shamed and fired (often via twitter btw) for an opinion or stance that you don't like, which takes food out of the mouths of their family and children. That's just the mildest example. And it makes it hard for them to even get another job. When you start involving somebody's family in your self righteous crusade, you're now infringing on the rights of innocent people who had nothing to do with the dude you're pissed at. This is why it is a fundamental violation of individual liberty. What the fuck did that guy's kids ever do? Maybe they totally disagree with him. Why do you think individual liberty is so central to the american ethos?
Old 09-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm real sorry that you're real dumb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go vote for Bernie
Except that you're wrong. The WH has admitted they are working with tech companies to censor speech.

Sorry you look dumb trying to call other people dumb
Old 09-17-2021, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not what I'm talking about, although given twitter's influence and scope it's getting more and more concerning.

I'm talking about getting somebody publically shamed and fired (often via twitter btw) for an opinion or stance that you don't like, which takes food out of the mouths of their family and children. That's just the mildest example. And it makes it hard for them to even get another job. When you start involving somebody's family in your self righteous crusade, you're now infringing on the rights of innocent people who had nothing to do with the dude you're pissed at. This is why it is a fundamental violation of individual liberty. What the fuck did that guy's kids ever do? Maybe they totally disagree with him. Why do you think individual liberty is so central to the american ethos?
Completely Constitutional but also a dick move. I wish your(plural) complaint was narrower and not made up.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Completely Constitutional but also a dick move. I wish your(plural) complaint was narrower and not made up.
What are you talking about? You didn't answer my question at all.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence" is the idea. Fine, but when you get somebody fired via corporate pressure for something they said, you *aren't just affecting them*. If they earn money to support their family, you are directly harming their family. You're hurting people who have nothing to do with what you're mad about. Their only choice then is to bite their tongue if they want to protect their kids, which is completely antithetical to the american project. That's the point of freedom of speech, if you damn retards haven't figured it out yet.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-17-2021 at 10:33 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about? You didn't answer my question at all.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence" is the idea. Fine, but when you get somebody fired via corporate pressure for something they said, you *aren't just affecting them*. If they earn money to support their family, you are directly harming their family. You're hurting people who have nothing to do with what you're mad about. Their only choice then is to bite their tongue if they want to protect their kids, which is completely antithetical to the american project. That's the point of freedom of speech, if you damn retards haven't figured it out yet.
Not the governments business in the least, go bother someone else please.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not the governments business in the least, go bother someone else please.
I find this post highly retarded and possibly dangerous, and he should be fired from his employment. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence, and his speech has committed a form of violence against me.

You know that joke is about homer's ignorance of russian history right?
Closed Thread