Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default Charmed Pets After Death

had an issue with a charmed pet today in HS. This was after the first patch, so those pet bugs might have played into it. Was duo-ing DS (drusila sathir) with an enchanter, using the pather outside the room as the enc's pet. the enc messed up the pull and we wiped around the corner from DS's room with the pet charmed. the enc died first, then I died, with DS, the named Mort Protector, and 3 other mobs from that room. After we got a rez we noticed that DS was no longer up and I saw that the mob we were using as a pet had respawned as a different mob. All i can assume happened is the following: after we died the charmed mob remained as agro to the npcs of the zone. This pet then killed DS and then was killed by the remaining mobs. To add to it, as far as we could tell she was holding a NoS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One explanation for why the pet was able to kill DS is that the pet was in cracked-out mode as i've heard some pets have been acting with the new patch. I doubt this is the case though, since we first used the pet to kill the Mort Protector (yes, a 2nd mort protector popped in its place b4 we wiped causing DS to die), and while doing so the pet and mort protector seemed to hit with normal speed and damage. I could check my logs/parser for that fight if it would be helpful.

The other possible explination might come from what i experienced in fear the other day, when my charmed pet was regening hp as if it had out of combat regen, even tho it didn't have buffs (other than damage shield) and no one was healing it. My pet in fear managed to take down another fear mob all the while 3 mobs were beating on it. here is a link to my other post http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72341 (this fear bug occurred before this game-breaking patch, fyi)

I'm not convinced this problem is entirely due to the new patch, though its hard to know for sure

thanks
Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Former Guide

Resolving due to age and too much speculation.
Closed Thread