Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Odd 'partial' lag

Starting about a week, maybe two, ago, I've been encountering an odd issue with the server:

Only certain features seem to lag out indefinitely, while the rest of the game works as intended. To make it easier I'll just list what I know so far:

Things that stop working:
1.1 chat - I can still send messages and it shows on my end, but not on other people's end. I believe I stop seeing others' messages too
1.2 combat - enemies can still hit me, they can still die from others, but I am unable to hit them, both with skills and auto attack. Their healthbar stops updating as well
1.3 consider - it just doesn't work. I can use it on myself, but anything else it returns no output

Things that still do work:
2.1 I can still see NPC and PC moving
2.2 I can still see PC emotes
2.3 My own movement works just fine

So, I've not yet figured out what causes this. It started in Kithicor Forest the moment I entered, but eventually I've started having the issue in Highpass Hold as well, often mid-combat. Now, this tends to last until I camp out and log back in with a character, or until undetermined amount of time passes and I receive a 'You got disconnected' message.