Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never heard of Farscape, looks cheesy as hell, i'm going to watch it.
It is cheesy as hell, imagine Star Trek meets the muppets.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

I welcome our new kitten overlords
Old 04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is cheesy as hell, imagine Star Trek meets the muppets.
It is and it isn't. I feel like this gets at it a little better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-look-back-at-farscape-aliens-puppets-and-criminals-1833716459
When we think about space operas, we think about Star Wars or Star Trek, or even Stargate. These are the sweeping, grand sagas, with stalwart heroes and clear distinctions between right and wrong. Farscape is not that kind of story.

Commissioned by the Sci-Fi Channel (now Syfy), produced by the Jim Henson Company, and shot in Australia, Farscape ran for four seasons from 1999 to 2003. Now streaming on Amazon Prime, Farscape was a bizarre, gun-toting series about criminals on the run; its main cast featured two puppets, several aliens, and only one human. This, along with its daring plot lines and downright absurdity, made it an instant cult hit, but Farscape never quite reached the brand recognition of its rivals. Yet this show quietly redefined sci-fi—and we can still see its influence on the genre today.
(Spoiler: the "influence" they're talking about is mainly Guardians of the Galaxy.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is and it isn't. I feel like this gets at it a little better:

(Spoiler: the "influence" they're talking about is mainly Guardians of the Galaxy.)
Do you just read RnF all day waiting to disagree with people?
Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a blast. Kittens played well and we ended up with 3 ToV dragons at the end of the night. Cekenar, Sevalak, and Jorlleag. Two of those, Cekenar and Jorlleag we have never done before without teaming up (I think).

We had some difficulties with the wurms that required us to split our chain and fight both at the same time. We got FTE on Cekenar and killed him. AM got FTE on Zlexak and we were able to recover while they were fighting and get FTE on Sevalak before Zlexak died. We fought him around the corner so as to not interfere with AM's dragon.

Afterwords AM approached us about working together to clear to Doubles quickly and then splitting the dragons once we got there. It went pretty well and we managed to Kill Jorlleag without too much difficulty. AM got their Lady N quicker than they otherwise would have and were able to move on to prioritize other targets. Kittens however was ready for bed so we transitioned to some targets outside of ToV where we could field less people and still have a shot.

Although it may not be in the spirit of RNF, I personally though AM was pretty classy about the whole thing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was fun to watch. Aftermeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was fun to watch. Aftermeow
It's *Kittenmath* you dirty heretic!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

I had a ton of fun last night,
I would love to see everyone let NToV spawn fully, then when the last dragon spawns, its fucking GO time and all guilds go hard.

Clearing to each dragon every time it spawns is gonna be lame, numbers will win most likely(and that favors me). I really liked what went down last night,was competitive, yet we all tried our best to keep off eachother.

I guess we'll see how this all plays out
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 04-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

I found it pretty entertaining, the difficulty the new concept, the challenge. PLEASE KEEP IT UP!
Old 04-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

<Kittens Who Do Math>
Old 04-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Some interesting ways to put the two guilds together with words.