Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I only started playing on Blue in 2017; was ducking out of spells not a thing for a long period of time? Or was it always there on Blue?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Enjoy spell book medding too. (not kidding)

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 04-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Should probably remove that whole "monsters get a stun on soloing casters when they try to run away because they are OoM due to several interrupts, fizzles, and resists" thing too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, what? Duck canceling wasn't classic?
no, it wasn't. you had to move and wait for the spell to finish and hope you didn't accidentally banned through the movement (rare)
Old 04-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, it wasn't. you had to move and wait for the spell to finish and hope you didn't accidentally banned through the movement (rare)
I remember a lot of jumping to try to cancel spells. Sometimes it would channel through anyway. I mostly remember doing it while hunting in the dreadlands, so I think that would have been pre-Velious. But it's also possible I just didn't know about spell ducking. There's a lot of stuff I know now that I didn't know about then.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

You would still duck to cancel spells, but you would remain ducked until the cast time ran out. Ducking guaranteed an interrupt
Old 04-30-2019, 01:36 PM
Kobold

There a reason you can't just jump?

Jumping also cancels a spell just like ducking does, it also doesn't slow you like ducking, making it superior anyway.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:46 PM
Large Rat

It was a game balancing change to bring casters more in line with melee characters. The PvP advantage for not having cancelling is the problem though. I'm interested in the scenario of pure casters when fighting a melee character in PvP. Even if allowed, the spell gems still must cycle through the global cooldown, so the delay in casting is still there. Adding spell cancelling back in would just cap the punishment allowed for initiating a spell cast.

I don't know the exact date it was added, but this mechanic was live during the Velius era for sure.
Last edited by Wags; 04-30-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There a reason you can't just jump?

Jumping also cancels a spell just like ducking does, it also doesn't slow you like ducking, making it superior anyway.
Nothing cancelled a spell in classic. Not jumping, not ducking. Cast timer would still run until finished. But if you remained ducked until cast timer finished, it would guarantee an interrupt every time.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing cancelled a spell in classic. Not jumping, not ducking. Cast timer would still run until finished. But if you remained ducked until cast timer finished, it would guarantee an interrupt every time.
what version of classic are we talking about? Because jumping definitely interrupts spells right now...
Closed Thread