Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Kobold

u still gay nerd
Old 01-24-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In physics, the Coriolis force is an inertial or fictitious force[1] that acts on objects that are in motion within a frame of reference that rotates with respect to an inertial frame. In a reference frame with clockwise rotation, the force acts to the left of the motion of the object. In one with anticlockwise (or counterclockwise) rotation, the force acts to the right. Deflection of an object due to the Coriolis force is called the Coriolis effect. Though recognized previously by others, the mathematical expression for the Coriolis force appeared in an 1835 paper by French scientist Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis, in connection with the theory of water wheels. Early in the 20th century, the term Coriolis force began to be used in connection with meteorology.

Newton's laws of motion describe the motion of an object in an inertial (non-accelerating) frame of reference. When Newton's laws are transformed to a rotating frame of reference, the Coriolis and centrifugal accelerations appear. When applied to massive objects, the respective forces are proportional to the masses of them. The Coriolis force is proportional to the rotation rate and the centrifugal force is proportional to the square of the rotation rate. The Coriolis force acts in a direction perpendicular to the rotation axis and to the velocity of the body in the rotating frame and is proportional to the object's speed in the rotating frame (more precisely, to the component of its velocity that is perpendicular to the axis of rotation). The centrifugal force acts outwards in the radial direction and is proportional to the distance of the body from the axis of the rotating frame. These additional forces are termed inertial forces, fictitious forces or pseudo forces.[2] They "allow" the application of Newton's laws to a rotating system. They are correction factors that do not exist in a non-accelerating or inertial reference frame.[3
Uh oh, it looks like sollek has discovered Wikipedia.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Just showing that even if i use the propaganda you guys devour it still says right in it that's it's bull shit
Old 01-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just showing that even if i use the propaganda you guys devour it still says right in it that's it's bull shit
LOL

You don’t even understand what it is you copy/pasted. “Fictitious force” in science doesn’t mean that the force is ‘fake,’ it refers to forces that arise when a frame of reference is accelerating. Just as a “scientific theory” isn’t a “theory” in the way meaning a hunch or an idea, but rather it’s used as a way to interpret facts.

Gravity is also a “fictitious force.” I won’t even ask if you believe in gravity or not, I actually don’t want to know the answer. But I actually laughed out loud when you copy pasta’d Wikipedia thinking it bolstered your point, and arbitrarily bolded words that had no correlation whatsoever to what it was you were trying to prove.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
is the China quarantine thing real or just the busses/trains aren't running?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL

You don’t even understand what it is you copy/pasted. “Fictitious force” in science doesn’t mean that the force is ‘fake,’ it refers to forces that arise when a frame of reference is accelerating. Just as a “scientific theory” isn’t a “theory” in the way meaning a hunch or an idea, but rather it’s used as a way to interpret facts.

Gravity is also a “fictitious force.” I won’t even ask if you believe in gravity or not, I actually don’t want to know the answer. But I actually laughed out loud when you copy pasta’d Wikipedia thinking it bolstered your point, and arbitrarily bolded words that had no correlation whatsoever to what it was you were trying to prove.
Yes. Yes it is
Old 01-24-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the China quarantine thing real or just the busses/trains aren't running?
If it's on tv it's a mind fuck. I don't watch tv so i dont know what you're referencing. Does it make you afraid? Does it makes you fret? That's the goal
Old 01-24-2020, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

You may be presenting false information as trolling to prove a perceived point, but for every bullshit conspiracy theory pasted, there's always a handful of eager followers to take that same bullshit and forward it on, chain-letter style, as @fact NVARCHAR(MAX).

It is a great way to gain followers who may be new to the internet, or simply new to information. Sprinkle in some white nationalism and POW!

This is how we currently have who we have in the white house.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Imagine living life with all the understanding of an intellectually disabled toddler. How blissful is your existence solleks?
Old 01-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Nerds cast *social shame social shame*
Your spell fizzles
Closed Thread