Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ok to have two accounts logged on same ip?

NOT 2 characters logged into the game, just at server or character select screen.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT 2 characters logged into the game, just at server or character select screen.
No you are not allowed to do this, it is specifically mentioned in the boxing rules.

"Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers."

Another GM has specifically mentioned that they can see when your toon is just at char select and that is not allowed.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you are not allowed to do this, it is specifically mentioned in the boxing rules.

"Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers."

Another GM has specifically mentioned that they can see when your toon is just at char select and that is not allowed.
So someone accidentally over-clicking their launch icon is boxing? Seems pretty crazy I'd imagine everyone has done that before.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B] just at server or character select screen.
You're connected to the server you picked at server select.
The staff can see if you do this.

No it's not allowed.
---

1. Login info sends request to eqemu
2. server select you're connected to eqemu
3. when you select a server you connect to it

So you can have as many clients open as you want at login or server select. Just don't connect to the same p99 server more than once.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-23-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 10-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Default Boxing and you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alrighty folks, with Green arriving soon I wanted to go over boxing. We take this rule extremely seriously and heavily enforce it.

What is boxing exactly? Well, Llandris has it clearly defined in the PNP rules post.

With that I'll reiterate, the one account per person ratio must be maintained at all times while playing on any of our servers, no exception. This doesn't mean you can't own multiple accounts, this just means you can't use them at the same time on the same server.

We get a disgustingly large amount of folks caught boxing saying things like;
  • It was only for a second!
  • I was only transferring an item!
  • I was only porting myself!

This is still boxing.

Other actions that are heavily frowned upon that we will start to enforce are /quitting to quickly switch accounts or letting a second account sit in character select... yes we can see this.

So, in the future if we see this kind of behavior one of the following may happen.
  1. A warning and a mark on your accounts.
  2. IP Exemptions removed.
  3. Boxing 30 day suspension.
  4. Boxing Ban.

Also, remember that at any point in time while playing on our servers, you may be approached by a staff member for a boxing check. Do not camp out or go LD. The faster you comply with instructions, the faster we can let you return to the game if found innocent. All players are expected to be capable of communicating in English and have basic movement skills.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Double clicking the launch icon will not take you into char selection. You have to put the passwords in first.
it's still having 2 clients running.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it's still having 2 clients running.
I don't understand why you think this is a problem?
You're not connected to p99 if you're sitting at login or server select

But beware if you have a 2nd account sitting at server select and you try to log it in too quickly it could be problematic for you.
always camp out, never /q when swapping accounts.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't it not let you log in if you're running on the same IP? Like it won't let you get to/past the character select screen IIRC.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Read bro, for real...
Old 10-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't it not let you log in if you're running on the same IP? Like it won't let you get to/past the character select screen IIRC.
Yes, I've done the /q out of one account and tried to log in another before and gotten a message that my other account was still logged in, so I was prevented from logging in until the first character was finally poofed.

Obviously there are sneeky ways around that, but they do make it next to impossible to "accidently" have two accounts logged in at the same time. Nobody gets banned or suspended for doing it on accident.
Closed Thread