Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Orc

Default Rumor from classic EQ

So when I was younger there was this gaming cafe in my town where all the kids would hang out and play counter-strike/EQ/quake/etc. The guy who owned the place was always there and when he wasn't dealing with people he was virtually always playing games on his personal computer. As EQ started to become more popular in the cafe he started to show us his character and tell us stories. He played a dwarf warrior named Louie that had insane gear at the time (I think it was Velious era). He would show us his guild and raids and high level stuff that we never got to see since we were all kids and none of us even had max level characters. He even told us that he was the best warrior in the world, he tanked everything for his guild, and that his guild was so good that he even got to test out stuff for Sony. We were little kids so we ate that stuff up and thought he was awesome, but I never really knew if it was true or not. The thing that I remember the most though was that he said early in Kunark (maybe it was even in a beta server) he wanted to test out Sarnak rep so he spent dozens of hours farming to get his reputation up. He eventually became maxed out with the Sarnaks and started hanging out in Chardok laughing at other people who had to fight there. As a tribute to him Sony created an item called Louie's Thick 'n Hearty that you can only buy from vendors in Chardok. I like to tell people this story but I have no idea if it is true, and any time I look up a dwarf warrior named Louie in classic EQ I can't find anything. The internet sucked back then though so maybe there just aren't good records. I figure with the people here, though, someone might have heard of him if he was actually famous. So here's the question: anyone remember an uber dwarf warrior named Louie in classic/kunark/velious?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Gnomercy

Veeshan server had a dwarf warrior named Louie from the guild, fires of heaven, which they tested lots of content for Sony before moving on to other games such as WoW.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Best warrior? But he wasn't an ogre!
Closed Thread