Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Scout Charisa & Lodi - Need Randomized Spawn points

This is more of a request for change to make the server better. Fixes have already been put in place for Guardian Kozzalym having a randomized spawn point which makes that quest much more pleasant.

Scout Charisa is a nightmare, and she is highly exploited. For instance, to my knowledge she has no variance, so you can clickfest your tools for hand in just a few seconds before she spawns.

If you have ever been present for a Scout turn in it is disgusting on Blue. You have 15 people muscling for positioning on her spawn point, all gathered in a cluster. They have their tools on the cursor and look at the ground and click fast as they can (people probably using some autofire thing here too). The milisecond she spawns someone has already handed in tools.

People can even bind on her exact spawn point and gate there, gaining ideal position and muscling out everyone else for a better hand in.

Furthermore, people who don't have a good ping to the server are at a disadvantage. I can't even get my tools in window before someone else has already handed in. It makes for a very unfair situation, and people who have a good, reliable ping are the ones that are advertising selling the hand-in for 30k.

Please randomize her spawn point and add variance!

Lodizal already has variance, but it is another camp fest, just sad to see. People park pets at his spawn and spam /pet attack to get the FTE. There can be 30-40 people there, just disgusting. He already has a good variance I'm told, but even giving him a 500 unit spawn variance gives people more of a shot at it. I believe server ping also plays a role here on getting your pet to engage the quickest.

These are 2 of the most camped mobs in the game, if the precedence has been set for Guardian Kozzalym, I urge you to implement the same thing for these 2 mobs.

P.S. I realize other mobs are somewhat similar to this, but these 2 stick out as the most exploited due to server ping. Fear Golems can be dumb too, but seems like moving their spawn points is a bit too unclassic. Maybe having some guards type mobs spawn near them every 12 mins or something will at least spice it up? I dunno, for another thread I guess.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

not classic
Old 04-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

This is not a bug....try WoW?
Old 04-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

As listed in original post, I know it isn't classic, but neither is the Guardian Kozzalym fix that was put in, this is the same thing. Having a quest / mob revolve around someone's ping to the server just screams for a fix.

And for the try WoW comment, come on now. I'm not asking for some kind of entitlement here or instance, just making click fests that are most likely exploited with auto-fire more fair game.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

These quests were terribly designed. There's no way that bracer is a justifiable reward for the effort involved in getting it, nor were the mechanics of the quest itself designed to handle the inevitable demand.

I think the precedent of the Kozzlym spawn tweak is reason enough to post this here and expect it to be considered for Charisa.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not classic
Old 04-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Try red no lines
Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easiest solution to charisa is to have her hand you a different item back; require that item + Kromzek Captain's drop for quest, with no MQ allowed.

Problem(s) solved. No more competing with autofire bots who /auction in EC immediately afterward.
I like this idea.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

The easiest solution is for people to act like reasonable adults and roll for it like the ring. If you want to do the quest for a toon, get them the faction, have them win the roll, and have them loot the mob when it's dead. Devs shouldn't have to do anything about this (even though they have randomized spawn times and locations for other things); we can keep it classic if people can just learn to be reasonable.

The obvious comparison of ragefire comes to mind. We know for a fact that Catherine and others used autofire. Even if you aren't willing to go to the lengths of setting it up in software, you can bind mouse click to your mouse wheel and spin the crap out of it--I know people who have done this and don't consider it cheating. I do, and it's not fair to people who live in other parts of the world, don't use a mouse, or simply know better. And even if there was no autofire, you would still have people trying to block each other out, summoning pets in the hope that others will give the quest item to them, etc.

Maybe for ragefire it wasn't totally clear how to have a fair roll system (if someone has been camping it for longer, do they deserve an advantage? What about clerics seeking epic? etc.), but scout doesn't have any of these issues at all. I'm convinced that a typical kindergarten classroom could tell you what a fair and reasonable system would be.

As for selling loot rights, it's completely fucked for someone to snipe a turnin (probably using some sort of autofire, or it may not be worth their time) right in front of you--when if not for them you could have done it yourself--and have the audacity to try to sell it to you. Go farm monk epics or sell loot rights to neriad shawls or something instead. At least then there's some value added and some actual work being done.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylarik24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try red no lines