Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's getting to be a pretty competitive gig these days.
JD on point here, the rich people in any town and to a lesser extent major city are able to be counted on 2 hands. There are more women than ever advertising on sugar sites.

Despite reaching record popularity, the supply of women has only served to give the sugar dads their pick. They all end up passing off the same women and the rest of the undesirables are shut out.

Its actually been years since SA has had "Just looking for dinners and dates. Just take me out" as one of its options. Most of these so-called sugar babies are just vying for a shot at being an actual sugar baby and asking for just dinners is the only way to go about it.

"Would-be" sugar baby is the norm now.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
University education should also be free.
In my lifetime I remember the push just for just getting people through highschool. It's no longer higher education, just education. It's flaky and a given.

Why have this divide between school and university. The question is, once we remove this what will be the "bigger, better, special" thing then? University 2.0 where you do pay for it and get access to better jobs etc? you don't think there will be an equal push to have that also become free after enough whiners complain? what then.. University 3.0 where you are in school until 35 years old? ffs

"Please me, make me feel gewd, make me the winner"
Last edited by Mblake1981; 07-10-2018 at 04:30 PM..
Old 07-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its actually been years since SA has had "Just looking for dinners and dates. Just take me out" as one of its options. Most of these so-called sugar babies are just vying for a shot at being an actual sugar baby and asking for just dinners is the only way to go about it.

"Would-be" sugar baby is the norm now.
Most of them are the "Take care of me and my fatherless child" variety.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my lifetime I remember the push just for just getting people through highschool. It's no longer higher education, just education. It's flaky and a given.
We need to return to "technical high schools" where you graduate with a marketable skill, albeit a small one. Better than a "I showed up enough to get a paper" that it is now.

They all seem to do a decent job of college prep. I attend scholarship nights as a presenter from time to time, and these kids are way ahead of where I was at their age. But what about the rest?
Last edited by Raavak; 07-10-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Old 07-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why have this divide between school and university. The question is, once we remove this what will be the "bigger, better, special" thing then? University 2.0 where you do pay for it and get access to better jobs etc? you don't think there will be an equal push to have that also become free after enough whiners complain? what then.. University 3.0 where you are in school until 35 years old? ffs

"Please me, make me feel gewd, make me the winner"
the public school system just needs to be made less useless. It doesn't take 12 years to learn calculus, notable historical events, or the differences between there, their and they're. Secondary education should focus on useful skills and knowledge with specialized institutions/ facilities. Nobody should be studying reactions or reading state subsidized literary failures in high school.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First we must close the border... Yes... Illegals are dumbing down the school systems with their kids
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some humanities degrees are valuable to society and some shouldn't be subsidized at all. I wouldn't put them all in together like with STEM.
I think my issue with most of them is they don’t get you a decent job capable of paying back student loans, whereas STEM and healthcare degrees like nursing are actually relatively safe. You can learn any humanities material on your own, whereas at this point you still need an engineering degree before someone will hire you as an engineer. Any degree is more valuable than none of course, but if you’re financing $50,000 in debt at 5%+ interest, the return on investment of a humanities degree can be dubious
Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

There's nothing wrong with people getting useless degrees. If people want to spend their life on something they are passionate about, that's fine. But they go into this being told "you won't make any money."

The problem is that when these people come out of University, they feel superior. The fact is, they are less valuable to society than a garbage man. Granted, a garbage man is a pretty high mark of societal usefulness. These shit degree people take shit jobs serving others and often grow resentful.

The only path towards a life of influence, power, or even security, is to return to the fart-huffing confines of University. They then acquire Masters and PhDs, all while remaining bafflingly useless to society. They tell their students, "you won't make any money doing this." But everyone in the field is angry. Because humans want power and security. So then they attack the people who have dedicated their lives to productivity and industry and reaped the rewards.

I'm writing this as someone who got a retarded degree. Fortunately, I needed money to pay for medical bills right after college and I was capable of applying the stylistic skill I had learned in my gay writing college to helping ppl sell things over the internet.

god bless a fat wallet and buying food for your loved ones!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First we must close the border... Yes... Illegals are dumbing down the school systems with their kids
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg download.jpeg (8.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing wrong with people getting useless degrees. If people want to spend their life on something they are passionate about, that's fine. But they go into this being told "you won't make any money."

The problem is that when these people come out of University, they feel superior. The fact is, they are less valuable to society than a garbage man. Granted, a garbage man is a pretty high mark of societal usefulness. These shit degree people take shit jobs serving others and often grow resentful.

The only path towards a life of influence, power, or even security, is to return to the fart-huffing confines of University. They then acquire Masters and PhDs, all while remaining bafflingly useless to society. They tell their students, "you won't make any money doing this." But everyone in the field is angry. Because humans want power and security. So then they attack the people who have dedicated their lives to productivity and industry and reaped the rewards.

I'm writing this as someone who got a retarded degree. Fortunately, I needed money to pay for medical bills right after college and I was capable of applying the stylistic skill I had learned in my gay writing college to helping ppl sell things over the internet.

god bless a fat wallet and buying food for your loved ones!
Student loans are a bad deal for everyone involved, including both student and taxpayer. You can do whatever you want of course, but as a Persian, the master race in terms of investments, second only to Jews, im simply informing you guys that a humanities degree paid for with debt is a Faustian bargain and will lead to bad outcomes