Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default Plane of Mischief - Funny Money Combine? (Empty Pot of Gold)

Issue: Attempting to combine a Words of Wealth with a Words of Wealth: Top Left in an Empty Pot of Gold to make a Funny Money. The combine does not work. Get the error message that these items cannot be combined in this container type.

This combine allegedly worked on EQMac, which had Plane of Mischief 1.0.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=22289

Quote:
On Al'Kabor the Top Left: Word of Wealth plus a complete Word of Wealth combine in An Empty Pot of Gold to make a Funny Money.
Melted down about two dozen thrones worth of armor before someone told me this.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Miuma is a source to trust.

She literally maxed her PoM faction in an attempt to find a purpose for jesters and other undiscovered quests.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

wait you are saying you dont have to melt armor down to make funny money

omgs
Old 12-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Developer

I'm aware of the combine, but it is intentionally not implemented for a while at least, if ever. This was almost certainly a bug that could have been specific to EQmac which completely undermines the entire zone and all of the work others did. With the knowledge players have now, no one would ever work through the quests, which is not classic.
Last edited by Alunova; 12-19-2014 at 02:11 AM..
Old 12-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

EQMac's version of PoM vs. Classic PoM - it appears that, for whatever reasons, EQMac likely had a slightly different version of PoM combines. Witness the combine for the Tundra mask on EQMac vs. the Globe of Darkness on ClassicLive. I'm not sure if there is an explanation, or a way to figure out what's going on, but it's clear that some combines on EQMac indicate some differences.

Not sure how it may apply to this particular item, but it is worth mentioning. Although I'm REALLY hoping to prove some EQMac combines are classic so we can get them on P99.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQMac's version of PoM vs. Classic PoM - it appears that, for whatever reasons, EQMac likely had a slightly different version of PoM combines. Witness the combine for the Tundra mask on EQMac vs. the Globe of Darkness on ClassicLive. I'm not sure if there is an explanation, or a way to figure out what's going on, but it's clear that some combines on EQMac indicate some differences.

Not sure how it may apply to this particular item, but it is worth mentioning. Although I'm REALLY hoping to prove some EQMac combines are classic so we can get them on P99.
The Tundra mask replaced the globe of darkness in 2012 on EQMac. The mac dedicated dev "fixed" some of the combines.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i....197334/page-2
Quote:
"I did find a "new" recipe recently for a Mask of the Tundra Walker, AC10 WIS8, Illusion: Barb, Cast Time 7.0, Class: Cleric, Race: Hum/Eru, combing Black Throne, Blue Throne, Black Crown, Blue Crown, which Allah says is supposed to give a Globe of Darkness."
From a thread on Mac boards.
I've been able to find a 2003 post about using WoW + Top Left to make Funny Money, which provides some indication that it wasn't solely an EQ Mac combine. But there were several intervening PoM modifications between release and 2003 when the post was made.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?p=142135

Quote:
This still works, however, it is an incredible pain in the ass, simply combine, in a pot of gold, a complete Words of Wealth with a Words of Wealth: Top Left Corner for a funny money.

Also, Library Cards do not (or if they do, its incredibly rare, as I've been bound there for 6 months) drop off any creature in the zone, but only on the Chessboard, and more rarely in AiWL. Chessboard can be pulled fairly easily with Wake of Tranquility, just watch for the pit traps and bad pathing.

Also, the doll is not no drop, so you can buy it (thats what i did for my BP).
Old 12-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been able to find a 2003 post about using WoW + Top Left to make Funny Money
There is also evidence of other sweeping changes in 2003 on live, including Peach D'Vicci no longer spawning in October. She is directly related to the quest.

As of 2007 on EQmac Peachy still required 4 funny money, does anyone know the date it was changed to 2?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also evidence of other sweeping changes in 2003 on live, including Peach D'Vicci no longer spawning in October. She is directly related to the quest.

As of 2007 on EQmac Peachy still required 4 funny money, does anyone know the date it was changed to 2?
I can't find any reference to this quest ever requiring 4 funny moneys. Here's a 2001 post from a PoM ezboard claiming it was 2 moneys then:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030713...picID=33.topic
Old 12-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalplan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't find any reference to this quest ever requiring 4 funny moneys. Here's a 2001 post from a PoM ezboard claiming it was 2 moneys then:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030713...picID=33.topic
That was later changed I believe. Originally it started off as 4 FM's:

Quote:
Now talk to Bob the Painter and he will hand you a Pot of Gold, a two slot container. Place your Words of Wealth and any item you obtained from the Deck of Spontaneous Generation quests in the Pot of Gold and hit combine. You will be rewarded with Funny Money. If you run over and hand Peachy four of these Funny Moneys you will receive a colored gift box. Each colored box represents a different class in the game, such as the Blue Gift Box is for Magicians. This box comes with five charges, each of which will summon a doll. Now take the doll and combine it with one of the pieces of the Armor of Distraction and you'll receive your class specific doll quest armor.
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?p=142279
Old 12-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was later changed I believe. Originally it started off as 4 FM's:
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?p=142279
Looks like it's the other way around. It was 2 moneys when the zone launched and was changed to 4 in 2003:

https://web.archive.org/web/20031013...picID=15.topic

Quote:
Give Peachy D'Vicci four funny money (this has been two in the past, but is FOUR now) and she'll give you a random Gift Box
Last edited by Dentalplan; 12-23-2014 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread