Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

Default Iksar Necro looking to raise faction in the old world

Iksar Necro looking to raise faction on the old continents. I don't want to spend my entire existence on Kunark...

I already read "An Iksar's Guide To Love and Friendship Through Murder" on the wiki.

I really just want to be able to bank/sell and train/buy spells at a Necro trainer.

From the guide, it sounds like the best options for this would be Freeport, Neriak, and/or Ak'anon.

I kind of like the idea of having an option per continent.

I want to do this as soon as possible (I really don't like Kunark).

I'm totally fine with grinding out hundreds of kills, so that doesn't bother me. But what is the earliest level I can start?

Any Iksar Necros out there who have done this have any tips? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Yo! Fellow Iksar Necro here. Though I can't go into the greatest detail, here are a couple of nuggets for you regarding the Qeynos area:

With zero faction work, you can bank and use trainers in the Qeynos Catacombs: https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Aqueducts

You will at least need to be a high-enough level to cast invisibility. Keep invis up at all times in the catacombs until you reach trainers. In terms of accessing the catacombs, use the "secret entrance" in North Qeynos-- do *not* try to take the shortcut underneath the S. Qeynos arena as there is a Warrior there that can see invis and will wreck you.

You can build faction by killing Gnolls in Blackburrow and later Bandits in the Karanas. There is a sweet vendor in West Karana I found that was willing to sell to me (conned indifferent) named Carlan the Young. He can be found at the small "village" in the NW corner of West Karana. Again, keep invis up as you are exploring.

Will try to post more later!
Last edited by stebbins99; 05-04-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Banned

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Hello again! Here's another tip:

As an Iksar, vending and (especially) banking in the old world will be a pain. Thus, having a bank option that is *right by a port* is super helpful.

As an Iksar Necro, you have a "head start" on what is known as the Paineel faction grind. Namely, you will go to the Warrens and slay a ton of Kobolds until you can get a key to the evil city of Paineel. The city is right by the port to Toxx Forest and is a great place to bank and train as an evil class (once you get faction in order).

There is plenty of information on the forums if you search for “paineel faction” or something similar. It took me perhaps 4-5 hours of Kobold slaying to get myself to amiable as an Ikky Necro—seemingly less of a faction grind than others, though I’m not sure. (our religion is what the “head start” is, I believe)

Happy hunting!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello again! Here's another tip:

As an Iksar, vending and (especially) banking in the old world will be a pain. Thus, having a bank option that is *right by a port* is super helpful.

As an Iksar Necro, you have a "head start" on what is known as the Paineel faction grind. Namely, you will go to the Warrens and slay a ton of Kobolds until you can get a key to the evil city of Paineel. The city is right by the port to Toxx Forest and is a great place to bank and train as an evil class (once you get faction in order).

There is plenty of information on the forums if you search for “paineel faction” or something similar. It took me perhaps 4-5 hours of Kobold slaying to get myself to amiable as an Ikky Necro—seemingly less of a faction grind than others, though I’m not sure. (our religion is what the “head start” is, I believe)

Happy hunting!
You should also be able to get a key by charming the guards (they are undead after all), but YMMV on faction inside the city.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

Paineel sounds interesting...can Iksar Necros buy spells there as well?

I was planning on making my way to Qeynos Aquaducts, maybe I'll do both.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Once you have your faction, yes, you can buy spells and train in Paineel at the Necro trainer. Very convenient as it is just a "hop and skip" from the Tox Forest port.

Once you are a high-enough level to tackle the Warrens, I'd suggest spending a few levels there-- you will take care of your faction "in the background" whilst hunting
Old 05-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

If I remember correctly, you can get faction high enough in Freeport necro guild (tunnels under EFP) by turning in a whole 4 bone chips. Start off dubious, and she'll still take them from you at that faction level. You can then vendor, buy spells, train, etc. in Freeport. Can also bank in North FP using wall trick.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Assist_the_Great_Xelha
Old 05-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Banned

I'm currently level 9. I'll probably hit Kurns Tower until I'm at least 12 or 16.

Would that be a good time to find a port to Toxx? Or should I wait until a later level to grind faction?
Old 05-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Kobold

Default Necro banking

Lizard necro here as well.
Paineel is one of the easiest as it gives banking services as well.
Freeport isn't bad just make sure to learn the tunnels.
Once you hit 34 and have call of bones it makes things a bit easier as skellies are less hated than lizards in quite a few cities.
I'm currently raising all factions possible in all cities. Most cities.
Only a handful left to go then I'll be one of the most loved lizards.

Good hunting

-Necabe Froman
Closed Thread