Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about budget iksar armor choices? Are you just SoL if you're in your 40-50s without 50k banked?
For armor, I'd basically just look for HP.

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring x2
Giant Scalemail Tunic
Giant Scalemail Leggings
Tar goo strands x2
Kylong War Helm
Orc Fang Earring x2
Iksar Hide Boots (yea)

This stuff isn't great, but it's cheap and good enough on a tiny budget. If you have the means for the gems, do plate house to get the Thurgadin BP+helmet. Do arena groups for Silver Steel Gauntlets, get CoV factioned and start rolling Scout for Bracer of Benevolence (2 if you're a lucky person).

I leveled my warrior in full trooper scale plus a Wurmslayer+Lamentation. At 46 or so I got Trochilic's Skean + Sarnak Warhammer for proc weapons. I quested the Wurmslayer/Trooper scale on my necro (low 50s at the time) mainly cuz I like questing. I was wearing garbage till 60 - got a few Legionnaire Scale pieces from hate that lasted till I was wearing HoT gear.

If I did it again I'd probably just level with a staff of battle while keeping up weapon skills with other cheap weapons. Again wouldn't worry about procs till the 40s.
Last edited by polishanarchy; 07-03-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 07-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

'Garbage until 60' that's basically all you need to hit 60, and don't forget velious was cleared day 1 in Kunark gear. Good gear helps but it isn't required.

A set of banded, some hp/AC rings, Orc fang earring, 20% haste and the right mediocre/rot weapons are more than sufficient to hit 60.

My red warrior made it to 40 solo in rawhide!
Old 07-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

I got lucky and stumbled into some gear & cash. Iksar BP, FBSS, some HP/AC armor, and Staff of Battle/Wurmslayer&Frostbringer now. I have about 10k pp to spend. Is the next step basically saving for a fungi?
Old 07-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

nope. save up for gems for vel armour
Old 07-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

WESS procs at level one.

Get one as soon as you can afford it.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to hijack your topic, but I don't think this deserves its own thread. I started a new warrior as well (18 iksar now) and someone gave me a Velium Swiftblade, so I'm currently using that in my offhand with the best ratio weapon I have in my main hand. I know good ratio high delay weapons profit the most from low-med haste, so I'm wondering whether I'd be better off selling the Swiftblade and going SCHW + staff of battle instead. The math says no (at least r/n), but I don't know how things are in the long term.
Haste affects all weapons by the same proportion. Its a reduction in delay by percentage, which is an increase in ratio.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not to hijack your topic, but I don't think this deserves its own thread. I started a new warrior as well (18 iksar now) and someone gave me a Velium Swiftblade, so I'm currently using that in my offhand with the best ratio weapon I have in my main hand. I know good ratio high delay weapons profit the most from low-med haste, so I'm wondering whether I'd be better off selling the Swiftblade and going SCHW + staff of battle instead. The math says no (at least r/n), but I don't know how things are in the long term.
I used wurmslayer + velium swiftblade for a long time in my early levels. I worked the math on it and until around level 40, wurmslayer (or any high ratio 1hander) + swiftblade wins. Around level 40 downgrading the 36% haste to 21% FBSS and using a better offhand finally broke even and then passed it. I did not run the math for Staff of Battle and lesser haste, however, so take the above with a grain of salt. 25/40 Wurmslayer is a killer low level warrior weapon.

Velium swiftblade is an excellent choice for any DW melee's offhand until around level 40 unless you're twinking with a 30%+ haste item.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread