Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

As a bard, I've hunted HG's many many times over the years and servers, and it feels like on Teal it's just the same.

I don't recall specifically live in early 1999, but the first TLP server they ever released, "Combine", I was the first bard in RM hunting HG's and there was never more than 7 HG's up at once.

On blue, hunting alone in zone in 2010, no more than 7 HG's at once.

On Green beta, hunting alone in zone, 7 max.

On Teal, when alone in zone early mornings, 7 max as well.

As a bard, I'll charm one HG and kill all the ph'ers, and by the time i'm done HG's have started to repop.

It feels like it's easier to spawn them at night than in the daytime, but this may be purely anecdotal.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 01-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Kobold

i have no proof to add other than clearly - vividly - remembering that players would actually form GROUPS for HG's on my server (Prexus). the zone supported like 4 full groups - we had acronym names for the 4 camps. It wasnt just a few HG's for a few solo'ers. there were approx 10-15 spawns - with a few clops sprinkled in.

Always puzzled me about p99 that nobody LFG's in Rathe Mts. Did nobody else's server regularly group there?
Old 01-15-2020, 08:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think it used to be like Oasis where a ton of different mobs could be PH for the giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have no proof to add other than clearly - vividly - remembering that players would actually form GROUPS for HG's on my server (Prexus). the zone supported like 4 full groups - we had acronym names for the 4 camps. It wasnt just a few HG's for a few solo'ers. there were approx 10-15 spawns - with a few clops sprinkled in.

Always puzzled me about p99 that nobody LFG's in Rathe Mts. Did nobody else's server regularly group there?

On Inny we did sides usually, like north / south / west of the hill for the group.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Rathe mountains was indeed a very happening place back in classic. You had the hill giant area where the basilisks spawn, nice plat camp. You had a vendor you could convert your coins into gems. you had a bunch of nice items dropping from rares who appear in the zone, Eventually you had people llooking for hasten and brother z,and you had the bugged sphinxes which people could exploit since they would not aggro if you attacked their pets.

I wasn't a big fan of doing Hgs there personally but recall usually 2 groups splitting that hill area with the basilisks up into two camps generally.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Kobold

on vazaelle it was far more than 2 groups a lot of times, if all ph's are kept down, you can have easily enough giants for 6 full groups of low to mid 30's groups with some higher level solo / duos as well. think of every single bear, basilisk, lizardman, drake, giant skelly and cyclops on top of, and around that hill (excluding the few static mobs....guards etc). Every single one of those should be a place holder for a hill giant. I remember times from vanilla to velious and beyond, (and you can go log onto eq live, although they've moved shit around, the spawn numbers and ph's are the same), where I literally had to scroll my tracking to count the number of giants up. When I got my little baby bear on my druid, I would non stop quad hill giants while having my bear clear place holders for me (while groups were killing at the same time), I rarely if ever ran out of giants to kill.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Telin: that spawn log I found today shows there were 12 Hill Giants up in rathe mountains.

(Remember that the count field starts at 0, not 1)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200124-192537.jpg (20.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 05:09 PM
Orc

It always seemed like you got more HGs if everything else was killed
Old 01-24-2020, 05:16 PM
Kobold

You did get more when place holders were killed on live, but on p99 they have 6 (or 7?) static spawn locations and place holders have nothing to do with them spawning where every bear basilisk lizard giant skelly cyclops....if it paths on or around that hill it should be a place holder for any of those mobs or a hill giant, or rarely the respective named (lizards can spawn mortif guy, basilisks petrifin, drakes....forget named but drake named)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:20 PM
Banned

I'll tell you what isn't classic about the HGs for sure: There used to be a lot more giant skelly spawns. I did 2 lvls there on my Teal druid and saw 1 total giant skelly. I spent months there on classic leveling my bard and I was killing skellies with charmed HGs constantly.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll tell you what isn't classic about the HGs for sure: There used to be a lot more giant skelly spawns. I did 2 lvls there on my Teal druid and saw 1 total giant skelly. I spent months there on classic leveling my bard and I was killing skellies with charmed HGs constantly.
Confirmed, spawn log had 8 giant skellies up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200125-095606.jpg (19.6 KB, 2 views)
Closed Thread