Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Does anyone have experience with resisted pure damage dots and no extra debuffs? They generate any hate?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have experience with resisted pure damage dots and no extra debuffs? They generate any hate?
What dot are you referring to that doesn’t have poison counters, disease counters or some other form of debuff?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobold

The dot component of Trident has no other debuffs, except the slow, so if the proc is resisted I assume you would only get the hate from the slow (which is capped) unless the damage the dot would have done is counted in the resist as hate.

Some classes cast pure dots, necros have a couple, shammy epic is pure dmg. So I was curious if anyone that cast those dots has experience with their hate on resists.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

On live you'd get a significant percentage of the unresisted aggro on a resist. No idea what that % was or how it works here. Nor even what period on live that was.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

So based on some limited testing I just did resisted pure dmg dots dont generate crap for hate, maybe the equivalent of the first tick as hate. Let me know if anyone has better knowledge.

This would mean on raid bosses that resist (I assume most) the Trident is no better than Willsapper (perhaps slightly worse since ratio isnt as good).
Last edited by mycoolrausch; 05-18-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Old 05-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So based on some limited testing I just did resisted pure dmg dots dont generate crap for hate, maybe the equivalent of the first tick as hate. Let me know if anyone has better knowledge.

This would mean on raid bosses that resist (I assume most) the Trident is no better than Willsapper (perhaps slightly worse since ratio isnt as good).
One big difference between trident and willsapper is that raid bosses don't always resist trident. Its cold-based slow actually lands some of the time against otherwise unslowable dragons like Lord Vyemm.

Shaman epic and splurt were good examples of a pure dmg DoT but what warrior weapon has a DoT effect like that? Poison Counters and Disease counters still count as non-damage component aggro. As far as not getting aggro for a resisted proc, what is your testing method?

Not getting aggro for damage component of a resisted spell is something that I do need to look into for sure and verify one way or the other. Before the cap patch, the non-damage components of the spell were worth so much aggro compared to the damage components, never bothered to consider resist versus non-resist.
Last edited by Dillusional; 05-19-2019 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-19-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

For counter based dot, I can at least guarantee that agro is generated on resist too, even if the spell can't land due, for example, belly casters... Shadowknight's disease cloud agro just fine regardless of the resists
Old 07-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Large Bat

I don't know anything about the accuracy of the figures, but I wish you would arrange them in order of total threat instead of order of white threat.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman epic and splurt were good examples of a pure dmg DoT but what warrior weapon has a DoT effect like that?
Blood Fire

Zealot's Incarnadine Sword
Closed Thread