Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is. On PVP servers. This is a PVE server, which means Player vs. Environment. Not Player vs. the Environment That Another Player Maliciously Trains Onto Them. That's a PVETAPMTOT server you're thinking of.

It's a little like team bowling... you and your team work together to put up the best score vs. the other team. You don't walk over and bash the fuck out of their hands with your bowling balls so they can't out-bowl you. And then train fire giants to them.
No to hands, but the bastard bowlers definitely get the fire giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a little like team bowling... you and your team work together to put up the best score vs. the other team. You don't walk over and bash the fuck out of their hands with your bowling balls so they can't out-bowl you. And then train fire giants to them.
There one little problem with that analogy.
Each team would have their own bowling alley (instancing). This server is more like all the bowling teams trying to play on the same bowling alley. One team doesn't want to share so they come in days before the match starts and sit on the alley so nobody else can bowl.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes the staff reminds me of the loser kid playing freeze tag that changes the rules when he's the one frozen. (I most likely will get banned for saying staff, and loser in the same sentence.)

Every live server could make up player base rules agreed upon by the player base aka rotations etc. Not GM staff enforcing a pve server.

All the people posting on this forum defending the current GM rules are the people in these zerg guilds getting a walk through of the game. No crap they're not going to want it to change, when they got phat loot coming their way.

Shit needs to go FFA, or player diplomacy imo.
Well, I think you are missing the point here. The GM staff doesn't want to be involved. Our initial ruling was rotation. Folks didn't want that and wanted a player driven structure which is kinda where it is now. But the major difference in all this is that we'd be happy with anything if people would just shut the hell up, not be griefers, & try to enjoy yourselves.

If another guild has a problem with how another guild has handled a situation, the GM's get involved at that point & then you are stuck with what decision we make. But fuck no, we don't give a shit if you fall on a chainsaw. Just don't drag anyone else down with you. Respect your fellow players and quit being ass holes. That's all we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I think you are missing the point here. The GM staff doesn't want to be involved. Our initial ruling was rotation. Folks didn't want that and wanted a player driven structure which is kinda where it is now. But the major difference in all this is that we'd be happy with anything if people would just shut the hell up, not be griefers, & try to enjoy yourselves.

If another guild has a problem with how another guild has handled a situation, the GM's get involved at that point & then you are stuck with what decision we make. But fuck no, we don't give a shit if you fall on a chainsaw. Just don't drag anyone else down with you. Respect your fellow players and quit being ass holes. That's all we want.
Why can't the GM's just stay off player disputing, even guild raiding, and let them deal with it on their own? On live we had 3 guilds that had a rotation on bosses. Guess what happened if they broke that rotation? They said fuck you, and did whatever they wanted. It's just like irl... you break a treaty, and you go to war.

GM's should be fixing exploiting, hacks, and game issues vs. intervening player disputes.

Why can't the game just be played how it's? I mean if someone trains, don't stand there? Move the fuck out, or fight the train?

I mean if a guild can take out a boss with 50 people cool, but at least make it so a guild with 20 can compete against that guild if they're all afk.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes the staff reminds me of the loser kid playing freeze tag that changes the rules when he's the one frozen. (I most likely will get banned for saying staff, and loser in the same sentence.)

Every live server could make up player base rules agreed upon by the player base aka rotations etc. Not GM staff enforcing a pve server.

All the people posting on this forum defending the current GM rules are the people in these zerg guilds getting a walk through of the game. No crap they're not going to want it to change, when they got phat loot coming their way.

Shit needs to go FFA, or player diplomacy imo.
I'm an officer of Sapientia... We are far from a zerg guild, with a maximum of about 25 people on a GOOD night for us. We have killed trash in PoF, and PoH, and killed Phinny a time or two... Before you lump everyone together into one grouping, you should probably check your facts first. Our world is far from perfect, and our devs do the best they can to provide you with a fair system to play with. They let you play here, and they provide good customer service given the circumstances. Like they've said before, they could pull the plug if they so chose to because people are ungrateful for what they've got. Yes you're allowed to be unhappy with things, yes you're allowed to express your opinions. But there's no reason to be a nuisance over it.
Noodnik Shpilkus
Officer - Sapientia
50 Half Elf Paladin of Tunare
Sorvani
Member - Sapientia
22 Wizard of awesomeness
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I'm unbanned I actually play the game, I just feel like people who sit /afk in a raid zone to claim a raid encounter deserve to get trained because they literally are asking for it.

If the shit was FFA and there was zero GM intervention between player disputes I'd be 10x more content with raiding because it would actually be interesting.
There is a whole lot of AFk people camping all kinda raid mobs in EC too I guess.
Run out of people to train in raid zones so you come to EC to grief everyone there too?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I just feel like people who sit /afk in a raid zone to claim a raid encounter deserve to get trained because they literally are asking for it.
Ya know, I would rather they were at least AT their keyboards, afk is kind of lame. I think I agree with you there. However, I don't think ffa would work..I think it would scare off most casual players and raiders, I played pvp for a bit. It isn't for everyone.

Pvp server ,. ffa rules would most certainly free up the gms/developers, absolutely it would. But I hope that isn't the solution. Raid rules? not my place to say yet, and usually, when it gets stupid? Gms have to step in, always has been that way on blue servers.

I do like a certain amount of player freedom, and some people deserve trains at times, to be sure. But indisciminate training, ffa isn't the optimal solution.

Unfortunately the optimal solution will not be reached as it stands, because it requires a certain amount of unselfishness and maturity you rarely find in any raid scenario. And guild leader that lets another guild take a target inevitably loses his hardcore raiders, because they want loot. Loyalty is a rare commodity online, integrity even more so. Most of your hardcore raiders go where the loot is. DKP is required only because of greed, but that is a different topic. If everyone were honest, and fair 100pct of the time, it wouldn't be necessary.

We don't live in a Utopia. We could play in one, it's a shame really. We could act better then the real world lets us, but usually? People act much worse due to the lack of consequences, and inhibitions go out the window online.

Fight the power man, just don't become someone you don't like in the meanwhile.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

I just had an apostrophe. While there are ways around it, sister guilds...put a cap on guild numbers...pros cons? lol crazy idea I know.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya know, I would rather they were at least AT their keyboards, afk is kind of lame. I think I agree with you there. However, I don't think ffa would work..I think it would scare off most casual players and raiders, I played pvp for a bit. It isn't for everyone.

Pvp server ,. ffa rules would most certainly free up the gms/developers, absolutely it would. But I hope that isn't the solution. Raid rules? not my place to say yet, and usually, when it gets stupid? Gms have to step in, always has been that way on blue servers.

I do like a certain amount of player freedom, and some people deserve trains at times, to be sure. But indisciminate training, ffa isn't the optimal solution.

Unfortunately the optimal solution will not be reached as it stands, because it requires a certain amount of unselfishness and maturity you rarely find in any raid scenario. And guild leader that lets another guild take a target inevitably loses his hardcore raiders, because they want loot. Loyalty is a rare commodity online, integrity even more so. Most of your hardcore raiders go where the loot is. DKP is required only because of greed, but that is a different topic. If everyone were honest, and fair 100pct of the time, it wouldn't be necessary.

We don't live in a Utopia. We could play in one, it's a shame really. We could act better then the real world lets us, but usually? People act much worse due to the lack of consequences, and inhibitions go out the window online.

Fight the power man, just don't become someone you don't like in the meanwhile.
There's no pvp in ffa. Raid target pops up. Anyone who is awake can engage and attack. Whoever takes it down or does more dps = gets the loot. What's so hard to follow? If anything it would make this game have more strategy.

If you force people to not be afk to take raid targets. Guess what? You'll probably have less trains.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

I WANT THIS SERVER RUN MY WAY AND IF I DONT GET IT IM GOING TO SPEND HOURS OF MY LIFE WASTING TIME ON IT AND ALSO
Closed Thread