Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Ykesha v. Base Dmg

I'm currently playing a Ranger in possession of two Ykesha weapons at 8 damage and 9 damage respectively. They both have a fast attack speed, 23/24. I'm dual wielding them.

My question is this: Am I going to realize a higher overall damage output by using slower weapons with higher base damage, such as 11 and 12 at say 25/27 delay but without the Ykesha proc effect?

Common sense tells me that even though my actual damage ratios will increase with the bigger badder weapons, the loss of Ykesha procs will lower my damage in a fight overall.

I've learned not to trust common sense when it comes to Sony's game mechanics though so I'm asking for help from someone who's done a bit more math and field testing than myself.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Guess it depends on how fast you can proc the weapons.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Orc

Offhand doesn't proc enough to make it worth the effect. I'd switch the offhand to a better ratio weapon first
Old 11-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Orc

What weapons are you thinking about upgrading the ratios with?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

I've already done what you reccomend Dartaniun, I'm using a Green Jade Broadsword on my offhand since I surmised the proc rate would be very low. Keeping Dragon Horn Ykesha in my primary slot.

I would say I proc fairly often maybe twice or three times while fighting a dark blue.

Maybe worth keeping the offhand Ykeshan War Club in a bag for when I'm hasted? I've had some pretty intense moments in a fight where I get a main hand proc, offhand proc, and main hand proc again all in a few seconds and it obliterates monsters.

That being said sometimes I don't want a monster's complete attention if I'm grouped with a tank...
Last edited by Feanol; 11-15-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Old 11-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said sometimes I don't want a monster's complete attention if I'm grouped with a tank...
Root and stand at max melee range.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

I feel like I'm being mean to the tank if he has to continue taking damage when the monster falls below 20% though...

Although vs. Undead/ 'brave' mobs that's real good advise Ele
Closed Thread