Planar Protector

half elf
half elf
half elf

hmm where is he?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 36 Druid and haven't found any issues with him being a Human. My wisdom sits at 164 and stamina around 105 at the moment. I still have plenty of items to pick up on him.

Plus I do believe charisma still plays a role in critical failures on a lull, it is nice to have a lull resisted and not pull everything. Not sure how much of a difference the extra charisma makes though in comparison to a Halfling.
Harmony does not fail, there are no resist checks and thus no critical failures. Harmony is incredibly OP for easy pulling in outdoor dungeons (indoors you need cleric/paladin/enchanter/bard, preferably with high charisma). All that matters with Harmony, assuming you're outdoors where you can actually cast it, is to have particle effects on so that you have visual confirmation of which mobs were affected by the cast.

As for charisma on a druid, I don't think it is useful other than for vendor prices like everybody else. I'm pretty sure that the druid animal charm spells are not affected by charisma the way enchanter charms are, afaik only relative level & target MR matter.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Orc

My main is a human druid on red - I loved starting in Qeynos Hills. Starting from scratch you can get 5hp earrings and rings from Qeynos sewers (at level 5 no problem). A lot of good low level money quests (rabid wolves and bears really bring in the low level pp). Not unheard of to get a Blackburrow group - but you can solo just fine. After BB you can do the bandits in WK. By the time you hit 19 you have SoW and invis and can make the run to WC for the teleports and then go where you wish.

Not related to RED: Emoteen in any way.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half elf is the best looking race in the game in any armor type. Daldaen and Kaev are the sexiest characters on blue.
Confirmed! I must have missed this thread as I was working late last night and stopped forum questing.

As for the comment on CHA - It should impact Lull/Calm Animals. I *think*... I never use the spell anymore since at level 60 I can just faceroll my way through Kedge. I suppose in Chardok it would be useful if you're factioned and you want to help a non factioned person invis down (though you could just start a train). In Velious it may have more applications though.

Harmony is unresistable as mentioned above, it doesn't matter for Harmony. Also as mentioned above, Harmony is extremely OP. Though it is outdoor limited, it trivializes pulling outdoor zones like Mistmoore/CoM/Unrest (Mistmoore and Unrest you should be able to be dubious in Wolf Form also, for super easy pulling).

Half-Elf is awesome for druiding. I never get SoW or port requests on my Druid. In fact I get more Rez requests on my Druid than I do get ports. Plus you look sweet.

In Velious, you will want to be Tunare Diety for the DS Gloves and Root Neck. Gloves have awesome stats and having mana free root without devoting a spell gem to it is very nice too. Plus Halflings are horrible. But Humans can be Tunare as well.

I still suggest Half-Elf. Human is far too boring of a race in a fantasy game.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half elf is the best looking race in the game in any armor type. Daldaen and Kaev are the sexiest characters on blue.
Nah, Dark Elf is is the best looking class. Half Elf comes second mainly because their plate helm and chainmail legs looks like shit with the Luclin graphics. Might be different with the classic graphics though.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still suggest Half-Elf. Human is far too boring of a race in a fantasy game.
Sorry man, but you're wrong. Human is only as boring as the player behind the keyboard. You want boring? For classic/kunark/velious EQ boring is Halfling druid, Iksar necro, Dwarf paladin, Ogre anything, ... You won't find Human (or Half-elf) anywhere in that tired old minmaxer's list of "best" combos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, Dark Elf is is the best looking class. Half Elf comes second mainly because their plate helm and chainmail legs looks like shit with the Luclin graphics. Might be different with the classic graphics though.
Half-elf plate helm with Luclin graphics is in and of itself sufficient reason to never ever let that shit pollute my display again. That wasn't enough for Verant tho, they had to also include the horrible animations and the crimes committed against Ogre, Troll, & Iksar models, all of which combine to drag Luclin graphics down to completely irredeemable levels of yuck. (But, like, that's just my opinion, man.)
Last edited by kaev; 05-28-2015 at 12:06 PM..
Old 05-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

The Dude Abides rofl

I have a similar general opinion about Human being kind of lame in a fantasy game, but they are statty, rare, and moustachioed in EQ so they're actually tight. Plus Robe graphic
Old 05-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks, all! My bearded-and-eyepatched Human Druid is now a mighty level 3 and blowing up all the things in QHills 4 damage at a time.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

There are considerations for Halfling on red as you can see through walls and are generally smaller/more evasive.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karana's only flaw is allowing haffer druids to exist, but they're short and easily overlooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus Halflings are horrible.
OMG! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You all are horrible horrible people! Our people are noble, and loyal! So what if we eat all your muffins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]