Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question And for non-twinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue twinks do get picked up pretty quickly. Through Mistmoore/Guk/Sol B you can hit for 200-300 damage backstabs which on sub-45 level mobs is 1/4th or 1/2 of their HP.
Any point in making and leveling a Rogue if you can't afford to twink it?

This is also my first time playing one (Barb Level 7 so far).
Old 04-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its always worth making and playing a class that you enjoy playing. Once you get into the low teens you can start making money-- doing will-o-wisps from 12-18 will net you ~600p, which should be be enough to gear yourself up. Easier and less of a waiting game than other popular camps at those levels.

I'd grab a 9 or 10dmg dagger on the cheap and then save up until you can get either a small dragonbone shard or frozen shard (1k-2k). Either will last until you get your epic.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid
Vendor the Lightstones for 1p each, turn in the Greater Lightstones for some great Exp and vendor the concordance for 10p.

You're always going to bring consistent damage to a group.. maybe not crazy silly damage untwinked, but more than most classes.
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-27-2016 at 10:41 AM..
Old 04-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Play what you want. Main rogue here and never regretted it. Plus you won't have level beside epic twinks like I did during the first wave of them. That kinda sucked. Less gear disparity for you now and that's a good thing.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Large Bat

What hte hell is up with pickpocketing the DE Rogue GM? I've died three times and was "unsuccessful" well over 50 times. Jesus.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

That means stop or you're gonna die. He has either the rogue note or words of psyche. No coins. Try a few times and wait for the next respawn or you're gonna agro.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Rogue's been pretty fun, though lately just been playing when I can't get a group with the Enchanter. Tearing it up in Mistmoore yesterday with another Rogue and his pickpocket fails and people outside the group start wigging out. Nobody in group seems to care, though the druid says "But it adds up...". I've never batted an eye when I see a pick-pocket fail. Most low-level Exp groups on p99 you have corpses rotting/going unlooted, so who cares if the rogue is stealing all that copper and silver? Anyways...

How exactly does pick pocket work and what's the accepted etiquette here? Most rogues I assume are like me and have an Evade/Pickpocket hotkey. Maybe I'm lazy but do we really need a second Evade-only hotkey made?
Pick pocketing vs Looting? I know we can't steal Magic items, but what about money? Am I stealing all of the gold/silver/copper, and where does it start? Most Exp mobs are going to be dead before pick pocket can recycle...
Coupled with needing (I assume maxed) pick-pocket for the Epic, do we really have to waste time leveling up pick pocket outside of Pick-up-group settings?

High vendor loot spots I can understand.. but leveling up it seems pointless to be upset over. Being mad with a rogue for pick pocketing seems akin to wigging out when the Warrior switches to <weapon skill that needs some work>, or the Wizard <is in your group>.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-06-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 06-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Just let your group know ahead of time that you have it macro'd as you're skilling it up. If they have a problem with it you can simply change the macro to work disarm or sense traps or whatever.

The only place I can think of where it would be an insta-kick (especially if you didn't say anything about it ahead of time) would be goblins in HHK, as people get pretty greedy about ears... which can be pick pocketed as they're not magic items and aren't wielded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Orc

Exquisite Velium Spear 12/20 vs Scimitar of the Emerald 20/34 which is better with max haste, 255 str, 255 dex as an OFFHAND wep paired epic main hand.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmCKiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exquisite Velium Spear 12/20 vs Scimitar of the Emerald 20/34 which is better with max haste, 255 str, 255 dex as an OFFHAND wep paired epic main hand.
With 100% haste, you're looking at 12/10 > 20/17. Add to that, piercing is a higher skill than slashing and the spear is still better....
Old 06-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add to that, piercing is a higher skill than slashing and the spear is still better....
Omg stop being wrong on the internet.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread