Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmCKiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exquisite Velium Spear 12/20 vs Scimitar of the Emerald 20/34 which is better with max haste, 255 str, 255 dex as an OFFHAND wep paired epic main hand.
For offhands, you divide the damage by the delay and get a ratio. The higher ratio is better. The more str you have, the more damage you do. The more haste you have, the faster you attack. These scale regardless of the weapon. The ratio is all that matters and GTFO w/ dex. That doesn't matter at all.

tl;dr: Spear is better.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg stop being wrong on the internet.
The spear is still better. I haven't looked at my rogues melee skills in a while and I remembered piercing leveling up higher than the others. Maybe that was later on. It's not a big deal though. Thanks for taking the time to screen shot that, though.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spear is still better. I haven't looked at my rogues melee skills in a while and I remembered piercing leveling up higher than the others. Maybe that was later on. It's not a big deal though. Thanks for taking the time to screen shot that, though.
pierce/blunt/slash are identical for off hand.

advantage to piercing is that it can be used in the main hand slot with backstab, but this only matters for a few items because there isn't much you would ever put in that slot over an epic (vyemm dagger, vulak dagger v3, primal spear, debuff procs)

you're thinking of other classes, where some weapon skills don't get as high as others. not a rogue thing.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not a big deal though. Thanks for taking the time to screen shot that, though.
It's kind of a big deal to me because people have been saying that incorrectly for pretty much ever and that's never been the case on P99 as long as I've been playing. Either P99 is wrong or people are remembering later expansions, because that definitely was the case eventually. Just something I wanted to clear up.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either P99 is wrong or people are remembering later expansions, because that definitely was the case eventually. Just something I wanted to clear up.
I'm not sure. I stopped playing my rogue at 65, around LDoN. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

vyemm fang/claw of lightning is pretty nice combo, but you lose some attack even with primal it can nearly keep up. If only epic was still range slot useable for seething fury. 41% worn haste for every rogue is a must have.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure the magic number was 1500 atk to bag epic. We can hit that, but it takes some serious buff stacking to make it happen without vengeance gear.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
41% worn haste for every rogue is a must have.
i wonder if they'll ever fix epic haste
Old 06-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Somebody aware me on the epic rogue haste thing.

So if I understand right, Ragebringer by itself provides 40% haste to melee attacks but no reduction to backstab CD.

Ragebringer + a haste item that displays its haste as a numerical "41%" will provide a total of 41% haste to melee attacks, and 41% CD reduction on backstab 41% "haste" to backstab CD?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Basically if the item doesn't say haste x% (such as Ragebringer) it only applies to auto attack. If it does display the haste x% then that applies to all attacks (auto attack, backstab, etc.)
Closed Thread