Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Large Rat

Anyone able to get Speed of the Shissar to actually show up? i've played around with the spell.txt i've been trying to change another spell to accept the text but nothing makes it show up
Old 05-31-2021, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evengelion82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone able to get Speed of the Shissar to actually show up? i've played around with the spell.txt i've been trying to change another spell to accept the text but nothing makes it show up
Same here. Can't even get a custom trigger to go. The search text matches the text file too, which is confusing to me.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-23-2021, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Just tested this today and it works perfectly.

Now some custom text/audio triggers and we can ditch GINA. Oh and a dmg parser would be nice to see if I am outdamaging my pet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by kabouter; 06-23-2021 at 11:50 PM..
Old 06-24-2021, 12:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tested this today and it works perfectly.

Now some custom text/audio triggers and we can ditch GINA. Oh and a dmg parser would be nice to see if I am outdamaging my pet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Which version did you test?

Custom text/audio triggers are implemented in the dev branch actually, which I think is cursed because Mirox/nomns seems to have burned out before he released a working version of it, and I'm facing the same issue. There's a testing version floating around (labeled 1.0.0-rc3) that I guess I could put on the releases page, but it's still very ... alpha quality. Need to spend a bit of time on it and not sure when I'll get the opportunity again.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:07 AM
Aviak

I got version 0.5.1

Does the new one have text/audio triggers?
Old 06-24-2021, 02:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got version 0.5.1

Does the new one have text/audio triggers?
No, that's his last official release, which does not have triggers. There's a version 0.6.0 released on my github fork which I may upload soon to the official release page as well, which just has a few more features like location sharing and discord overlay.

I built a testing version of the new dev branch which might be floating around with the name 1.0.0-rc3, but there's no official place to download that yet because I was still taking feedback and it's not really "ready" for general use. That version has very basic trigger and audio support. If you'd really like to test it, I will consider putting it up somewhere.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:56 AM
Aviak

Ah ok don't worry about it Gina works fine for adding text/audio triggers. I really like not having to change all my dot triggers/buffs every level with Gina.

Would be nice to get a DPS meter, I guess the damage data could be retrieved the same way as duration data is right now. Because gamparse can only read damage from logs which dot spells don't have anymore on P1999.

Just like to see my damage numbers, a DoT without visible damage in the chat somehow feels weaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 06-25-2021, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ah ok don't worry about it Gina works fine for adding text/audio triggers. I really like not having to change all my dot triggers/buffs every level with Gina.

Would be nice to get a DPS meter, I guess the damage data could be retrieved the same way as duration data is right now. Because gamparse can only read damage from logs which dot spells don't have anymore on P1999.

Just like to see my damage numbers, a DoT without visible damage in the chat somehow feels weaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I have a trigger than tracks my backstab damage and it never fails.

The search text is: You backstab {s} for {n} points of damage.

I just set that trigger’s overlay to the left of my rogue so I clearly see what it hits for without having to look down in my combat text window.

I don’t know off hand what a DoT’s specific emote text is, but you might try making one with similar text parameters and see if that works?
Old 06-25-2021, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Matter fact, when I get a free moment I’ll test it and see.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Matter fact, when I get a free moment I’ll test it and see.
It worked:

Edit: Derp, this won't work on Green anyways since damage doesn't appear in the log. RIP
Last edited by Graahle; 06-25-2021 at 02:49 PM..