Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Auto attacks you.
Taunts your post.
Kicks you.
Taunts your post.
Kicks you.
You die.

Am I skilled bro? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, you over-pulled, broke mez, let the Cleric die, and Ranger-gated.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

i played eq original eq on release... ive played many emulators since then, same boat as you to wanting to relive my original everquest experiences. if i could do it all over again on a classic like server (its not 100% but its close). I wanted to lvl a necro to 50, do some hate/fear raiding, kill naggy vox again for lols. Ive been able to acomplish all that here.

Still loving every min of it.

Kunark is just icing on the cake, alts are fun. Server is great, everyone hates me.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i played eq original eq on release... ive played many emulators since then, same boat as you to wanting to relive my original everquest experiences. if i could do it all over again on a classic like server (its not 100% but its close). I wanted to lvl a necro to 50, do some hate/fear raiding, kill naggy vox again for lols. Ive been able to acomplish all that here.

Still loving every min of it.

Kunark is just icing on the cake, alts are fun. Server is great, everyone hates me.
Awesome! Glad you are having fun.

I'm always telling my GF how much I miss EQ and would love to show her around and she always says "lets play then"....it kills me to explain that the EQ I'm talking about is gone. Plus I hardly raided till luclin/pop so getting to possibly explore this content for real with her for the first time is just perfect, and exactly what we've been looking for in our gaming of late.

Thanks for all the great advice and info. Since there's no rush, we may just try out a few different classes till she finds one she likes and I've got my head back in it.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THANK YOU to the folks responsible for this EMU. I've been floundering in a sea of semi-gaming boredom (xbox) for almost 2 years now and had almost given up on PC gaming altogether simply because of the lack of MMOs that aren't the same monty-haul-on-rails crap that they all have been since EQ and DAoC. I'm sure you guys have heard it all before, probably lived it too, so I will cut this short, save to say again, THANK YOU! I've literally been JONSING to play EQ the last few weeks but just couldnt stomach trying to go back to the old mains.

I'm old-school (April 10th-ish, '99---will post in the players section later about all that) but my girlfriend never played EQ and I've been dying to show her around, just seemed so pointless with the way live is now. Was poking around today and found Project 1999 mentioned on another forum and now I'm so stoked from reading your board that I can't wait to get it loaded and start. Called girlie at work and she's all about playing this...I even found my old copy of titanium from when I added an account way back in like 3 mins on the back of a shelf....We just gotta get loaded up, petition for dual access, and figure out what to play and we should be good to go to really play all weekend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two questions I was hoping you guys wouldnt mind helping with so as to hasten the startup....

A) Has there been any word when Kunark will release? Don't need exact dates or anything, but just wanted to make sure we have time to enjoy levelling up, geeking out on gear, raid some dragons and whatnot, before I go inviting old buddies, wasting time smelling the low level roses, etc. I managed to miss a lot of the old-world high end the first time around (as well as on live progression) due to re-rolls and I'd really love to be able to get into it this time, even if it means rushing the lower levels a bit. Besides the Efreeti, I'm not sure I raided anything old-world before Kunark came out and I've always wanted to. Silly me, I thought I would be able to on progression, but I blinked and kunark was out.

B) We like to duo when we can, of course, but we are coming here specificly to GROUP primarily....better gameplay and you make friends that way. I read a couple threads about classes and checked out the poll....Looks like a pretty even split, but thought I would ask if anyone notices a marked lack of or overubundence of any particular class? The last few times I've played EQ it always seems like complete feast or famine on one thing or another....My last server always had dps out the wazoo sitting around LFG and eventually clerics everywhere too, but never any tanks. And if you could find a tank, no slowers to be found....

Would love to avoid that. I'm great with pretty much any class besides Rangers....she is a great gamer, quick learner and quite flexible also, so if there are any holes we can fill, I'd love to know if anyone has noticed in their personal experiences a distinct need for any particular thing, primarily in grouping, but also raiding, too.

I've got a few combos in mind for us, but it really depends on what she's up for playing....If you guys can offer any info it will go a long way to helping us narrow it down quicky so we can sink in!

C) Refresh me, as it's been a while...The good cultural armor that went in rather early on (Fierce Heraldric etc is what I'm thinking of, not the first stuff) before or after Velious? For some reason I'm thinking that went in about halfway thru Velious era, but I'm probably wrong about that. Depending on class, diety might be an issue, I'm thinking.

I had another question like the one above, but it evades me now. Wrapping my brain around going to Velious and stopping, while having not played the game at all in about 3 years is making my head spin a bit trying to think of what I want to play.

Thanks so much! Can't tell you how excited we are!
deity*
Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deity*
thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of that, my earlier question about Fierce Heraldric notwithstanding, do I remember correctly that diety pretty much only affects faction pre-Luclin, or was there any kind of cultural gear in velious? Or, I should say, cultural gear that mattered?

As a matter of trivia, I was intensely proud to have been the first human smith to make a piece of Bertoxxulous cultural armor game-wide (that was known on EQ Crafters, at least at the time), but that didn't mean it was exactly all that great, either lol
Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Fire Giant

Oh and one final (I think) question before we take the plunge today....

I've read nothing but amazing things about this server, but being totally new to EMUs I just wanted to ask if there were any others you guys consider as good as this one or close that we should consider?

I'm all about classic thru velious, but wouldn't mind the option of moving on to luclin and/or pop eventually, for example, if a good place to do that exists. Quality of the server and population, being the most important factors, of course.

Thanks so much again.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've read nothing but amazing things about this server, but being totally new to EMUs I just wanted to ask if there were any others you guys consider as good as this one or close that we should consider?

I'm all about classic thru velious, but wouldn't mind the option of moving on to luclin and/or pop eventually, for example, if a good place to do that exists. Quality of the server and population, being the most important factors, of course.

Thanks so much again.
If you want a completely different experience, might be worth having a look at ez server, it's fairly popular, and where i spent my time during the ddos attacks.

It's fairly interesting.

I enchant things...
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Thanks so much again.
Welcome to P1999 - love your excitment!

Also a great server with an awesome team of devs is The Hidden Forest.
It is high exp paced, soloable, bots, gear progression, custom zones.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to P1999 - love your excitment!

Also a great server with an awesome team of devs is The Hidden Forest.
It is high exp paced, soloable, bots, gear progression, custom zones.
Thanks so much! I will check that out.

I lied before...I do have a couple of other questions....

Last time I played EQ (Feb/march-ish '07) there was no widescreen support...Or, at least, the widescreen resos caused a loss of some screen real estate. Is this still an issue? I'm on 1680x1050 at the moment and it looks pretty good, but if I'm losing part of the camera view I'll need to scale it back down.

Isn't there some command that lets you letterbox the sides or something? And, if so, what is the largest reso one can go with that causes no loss?

Sorry to ask so many questions....I'm just not even sure where to look for help with this kind of thing.

Oh, also...are we free to use any UI in P1999 or just the default or velious one listed in the startup help thread?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I'm using 1920x1080 with no problem. On my vista laptop I have a weird problem where clicking near the edges of the screen clicks through to the desktop for some reason, but on my windows 7 machine I've had no problem.

With regards to UIs, any UI that works with Titanium will work here, I think there's problems if you try to use a newer one though.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Closed Thread