Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA
100% agree, that or let guildwars decide who gets the mob.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

Weekly PvP Tournament for draft pick of raid mob kill rights.

Should I resurrect the thread?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

Firstly Abacab never seen a post by you so not flame ridden.. but this is so true and speaks he truth! FFa is the only sensible reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the FFA call, but if CT pop,s he will be the one issue. No guild will clear the zone if needed to do so, for fear someone else will engage CT

atm, we do police our raid situation. They had a guild meeting for that
no reason for a guild meeting guilds are supposed to compete not hold each others hands and willy nilly tel each other when they can raid. screw your competition. they only want your loot after all right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuosos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
less than 15 is fine, dont care..if you think you can do it with a group of 5...then go for it.

but allowing people the chance to ks and leapfrog is dumb...its a dick move on the frogger's part and every1 should have a relatively fair chance....if you got a force of 10 trying to clear to a boss and a group of 30 comes out of no where, starts clearing as well and then attacks first....then boo -.-
Fairness are you fucking dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause you guys never listen to me? I've made my stance on the mobs clear on several occasions, to Xzerion, to Daidraco, to my own guild it's not like I've never brought this up.

I was a very large proponent for randomly spawning all raid encounters on a random date once a week and have a FFA brawl to get as many mobs down as possible, like on a Tuesday night have Inny, CT, Naggy, Vox pop on some arbitrary timeslot have the raiding guilds rush their target and kill as quick as possible to try and score a second or third.

Rinse and repeat that process but choose another date so people don't camp the encounters and so it fosters the competition without making absurd rules of engagement
Sorry abacb this is where you are blind.. all at once? no random variance that is LESS predictable ( it will always have math involved and can be cracked) is the way to go. hands down. Variance FFA. thats the closest thing to fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% agree, that or let guildwars decide who gets the mob.
to bad the Guildwar code is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weekly PvP Tournament for draft pick of raid mob kill rights.

Should I resurrect the thread?
What a TERRIBLE idea hasbin :S FFA or bust.. ignore the bitching... and get on with it lol... Ban KS etc. its so simple and the gm's refuse to see that they are making things 10fold more difficult by being the way they are because the wont allow FFA. all because what? "we don't wanna deal with the bitching" Wow sure avoided the bitching huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Last edited by Yellow; 04-30-2010 at 05:38 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

I liked hasbin's idea when the GM's and trans forced a rotation on us.

Now that a large majority seem to be complaining and wanting FFA since none of their silly rules has helped the situation any, perhaps we should look into FFA more seriously.

I highly doubt the dev staff will agree. They got too much stuff on their plate as is, and they don't need more raid drama.

inb4 it wouldn't cause more raid drama because it was agreed upon by the raid guilds.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
it's not going to hurt the server because cry babies always return and if they don't, did you really want them here in the first place?
I always love that every single argument brought up on these forums, whether its camp rules or raid rules or anything, is fuck everyone that doesnt agree we dont need them.

Honestly for all the people screaming they want FFA im sure there are just as many screaming they dont want ffa raid targets. I have talked to a handful of people 5-10 that told me they would quit if it was turned ffa again, but of course who cares about that.

So go right ahead and turn it back to ffa i hope you all have fun ksing training spamming the shit out of the forums because thats pretty much what ffa is going to do...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

If we go FFA, then we MUST pvp flag all raid zones so my rogue group can pk your wizard group before they can outdamage us.

FFA = whatever group can field 6 wizards with the highest manapool wins.

Every time.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

The current raid engagement rules make sense to me and reflect what most honorable guilds and GMs would adhere to on live anyway. ie: First in force gets the mob, with a reasonable (30 minutes) time frame to engage (ie: no stalling).

Most of the parent's post makes no sense anyway... What does chain charming a mob have to do with anything? Or 15 in zone vs 14? Clearly if you can kill the target with 14, go for it. Nothing in the current raid rules prevents that, it just means that 14 people isn't enough to 'claim' a target by virtue of simply being in the zone. You have to have 15 people present to stake a 30 minute claim on a target, any less than that, and you might get leapfrogged.

Of course, this is based only on my reading of the raid rules and experiences in the past on Live. Not quite ready to experience p99 raiding first hand yet, but I'm getting there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

but the thing is make certain guidleines with things you cant do i guess. oly a few about Ksing and shit like that and make it bannable....

i think we could all make FFa work, but there would need to be some serious discussion about this and i think FFa should be considered big time, TBH This would relive alot from the Devs, because yeah there would be drama but they wouldnt have to deal with it.. because it would be FFA only things they would have to deal with would be the same shit that happens or that isnt allowed now

if this makes anysense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we go FFA, then we MUST pvp flag all raid zones so my rogue group can pk your wizard group before they can outdamage us.

FFA = whatever group can field 6 wizards with the highest manapool wins.

Every time.
I remember seeing groups of SK's walk up to VS and all hit HT at same time and KS that boss every single time heh
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an FFA approach to raiding just seems to only promote straight zerging.

I don't think I'm down with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread