Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

Default Tracking Filters?

I finally cracked level 20 for my Druid and picked up Tracking.

I was wondering when I open the tracking window, what all the filters are for at the top of the window? I seem to only be able to click on one filter.

Is there anywhere that explains tracking and whatever thing does or means? I figure the color being either green, yellow, red or blue is what the Mob cons to me?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

The complete set of the tracking filters are available to Rangers (I believe they can fiddle with distance). You can only choose if you want to track players either in general or just in your group.

The colors are indeed based on cons. You'll find also that players show up as white. Group members are slightly greyed out. Since druids are worse at track than rangers, the mobs show up in our window in the order they spawned (or they should...), with the newest spawn on top and the oldest at the bottom.

The track window does not automatically update with new spawns, though if something dies it will disappear from your list. You have to close and reopen the window to update it.

If you take too long to find something, you will get the message 'You have lost your tracking target' or something along those lines (it's blue text). If something dies while you track it, you get a white message letting you know you've lost your target.

With druids, our range is pretty limited, but if you manage to start tracking something while it's in range and it goes out of range, you'll keep tracking it until timeout.

Finally, there's a display bug in our tradeskill window. Once you get tracking above 20, sometimes it'll display as 20 in bright red text even though you're above that. It's only a display issue. Eventually we'll get our skillcap raised to 125. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

I guess I'll have to mess around with it when I am out hunting and I noticed the tradeskill windows bug because I was testing it and closed the tracking box and it said my tracking improved to 22.
Closed Thread