Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-17-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't go out of the way for it, but I don't play shaman. I can only share a similar druid experience since they have pretty much same clickies, just different name.

I played a druid to 60. I had 2 dps clickies, epic clicky eventually, and the bracer (druid version of JBB). I literally stopped using the bracer early on because the damage is too low for farming or leveling, and cast time is too long. It was cool mana free damage for a few levels for rare situations, but it just became easier to use normal spells and not waste time on this slow casting bracer.

Not sure if it's same for shaman, but seems similar.
It's better on a Shaman. Shaman's can't kite like Druids do. The free damage clickie is very nice, and saves a ton of mana. Before Torpor this is key to leveling quickly.

For Druids it's better to kite and use https://wiki.project1999.com/Luminescent_Staff . Sadly Shaman's don't have good snares or good AoE.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's better on a Shaman. Shaman's can't kite like Druids do. The free damage clickie is very nice, and saves a ton of mana. Before Torpor this is key to leveling quickly.
Pre-Torpor the bracer's a nobrainer if available. Post-Torpor the bracer's more of a wash: the slow cast time means a shaman can sustain similar damage (little more, little less, depending on the whims of resists and fizzles) by casting and canni'ing as he can by using the bracer click. Bracer click is less work though to do the same job.

Danth
Old 08-17-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-Torpor the bracer's a nobrainer if available. Post-Torpor the bracer's more of a wash: the slow cast time means a shaman can sustain similar damage (little more, little less, depending on the whims of resists and fizzles) by casting and canni'ing as he can by using the bracer click. Bracer click is less work though to do the same job.

Danth
It's still useful at 60 in some fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY

It's great for dealing damage when you want your pet to tank. In this case it's harder to use your Poison/Disease DoTs due to how much hate they generate. In this video I did 5000 damage to the Cliff Golem with just bracer, which is 1/6 of it's total life.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Just wanting to jump on here and point out that if green 2.0 lets you still cast spells while sitting like 1.0 did (before instant interrupt ducking), JBB is basically cheating during that time period.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Yes. At level 45 its ridiculous. Root mob, cast 5 JBB clicks and mob is dead. This worked in Cazic Thule. I did 46-49 in about 3 hours on Bloodgills doing this. Went to CoM, and did 49-51 in about 3 more hours with JBB. WHen I got turgurs, I slowed mobs, tanked, and clicked JBB while pet was behind mob. Worked like a charm.

By level 53/54, I didn't use it as much, and switched to slow tanking, epic click and pet DPS. By 55, I was root rotting bears in perma, and didn't use it.

When I hit 60 I started using it alot more often. It's great for finishing off mobs, when the epic click wears off.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Thanks everyone, I have one now =) The rest of my gear isn't nearly as good anymore but Spamming JBB while slow tanking is working great.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

When facetanking and jbb clicking, any point to haste myself? I assume no. Hasted pet? Spirit quickening or alacrity?
Old 08-18-2022, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When facetanking and jbb clicking, any point to haste myself? I assume no. Hasted pet? Spirit quickening or alacrity?
You would haste your pet, yes. Alacrity, the spirit quickening spell is sadly useless. You just get it to complete your spellbook and never touch it again.

As for hasting yourself, you don't need to. Once you get to the point where you can click JBB, Shaman melee starts to fall off. Shaman melee is awesome from 1-40.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for hasting yourself, you don't need to.
Might even do the opposite. I know one shaman who has the winter's roar proc hammer. He slows himself to maximize per-swing proc chance then leaves attack on in battle and it swings between Jaundiced Bone Bracer bracer clicks. It works well enough in practice that I thought it was a neat idea.

Danth
Old 08-18-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might even do the opposite. I know one shaman who has the winter's roar proc hammer. He slows himself to maximize per-swing proc chance then leaves attack on in battle and it swings between Jaundiced Bone Bracer bracer clicks. It works well enough in practice that I thought it was a neat idea.

Danth
Yeah that's not a bad idea if you have a decent proc weapon like the Spiritist Hammer or Blight, Hammer of the Scourge.

However, if you have a Fungi Staff I would recommend using that at 45+. Keeps your regen up for free and acts as a GCD item too. Fungi Staff needs a lot of swapping in and out if you want to use another weapon, and for me it's way too annoying. The buff only lasts 5 mins and you may need to switch to SoW.