Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceMan93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have got a pretty strange issue.

So I was experiencing some issues, ones that I thought could be solved through installing this. So I simply re-installed my client (which is Titanium), installed the "Recommended" option from the fix menu. After that finished installing, I started up from the client that is created with this fix. Logged in, chose my server and waited.

Then I got an almost-instant error message along the lines of this:

"eqgame.exe has encountered an issue and needs to close."

There's an option to Debug (which does nothing), and this is the only message I keep getting. I've tried running in Compatibility Mode (95, 98/ME), and that doesn't help either. I've even manually removed the Backup files into a special folder to see of that would help (of course, it didn't).

This wasn't happening before I installed the fix, and I'm wondering if I can get any help on this issue.
As already mentioned, make sure your resolution is set, safe bet would be to try run the game in windowed mode.

Also make sure the game is NOT in program files, put it in to c:/ windows sometimes causes problems when writing/reading from Program Files with everquest.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Yeah, thanks to both of you; changing my resolution eliminate the problem. Works like a charm.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy

I am running windows 7 and it is installed in C:\programfiles\sony\everquest I will move the folder and try it then, Figured it was just user error will put a update tommorrow when I actually will be off work thanks for the help!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Aviak

Default Game will NOT go widescreen.

Great tool, used it and made things very easy.

Having an issue getting the game to go wisescreen however. I used the tool and chose the maximum resolution available (1920 x 1080), I then set my desktop resolution to the same (down from 2048 x 1152, which is the maximum) and the ini file says it is indeed set to 1920 x 1080 , but when I get to the charatcer select, and in game, the resolution is at most 1024 x 768or so, huge black bars to the left and right of the game window.

Any ideas on how to get this to work right? I've got windows 7 if that matters.

edit: Fixed the problem.
Last edited by Obsidus; 06-27-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great tool, used it and made things very easy.

Having an issue getting the game to go wisescreen however. I used the tool and chose the maximum resolution available (1920 x 1080), I then set my desktop resolution to the same (down from 2048 x 1152, which is the maximum) and the ini file says it is indeed set to 1920 x 1080 , but when I get to the charatcer select, and in game, the resolution is at most 1024 x 768or so, huge black bars to the left and right of the game window.

Any ideas on how to get this to work right? I've got windows 7 if that matters.

edit: Fixed the problem.
Im assuming you fixed it by adjusting the ini to 2048x1152? pretty unorthodox resolution :P
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

not sure if this has been suggested, or if there is an option for this.. but with 19 pages. TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R
The exp bar.. its percent based. (love it) but its 1 steady yellow bar. Anyway to get the blue line back for every 20%?
(sorta miss the blue line) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Thank you so much for this! I love the reworked Velious UI, just like I remember it. Great handy fixes too.

I initially had a problem with Norton antivirus putting the installer in quarantine before I could run it. I solved the problem by using Google chrome browser to download the installer. For some reason many exe files downloaded with Internet Explorer 8 give Norton false positives.

Once I got that straightened out (took me a couple minutes) it ran without a hitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not sure if this has been suggested, or if there is an option for this.. but with 19 pages. TLR
The exp bar.. its percent based. (love it) but its 1 steady yellow bar. Anyway to get the blue line back for every 20%?
(sorta miss the blue line)
Its unsupported on P99. No way to grab client mana info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you so much for this! I love the reworked Velious UI, just like I remember it. Great handy fixes too.

I initially had a problem with Norton antivirus putting the installer in quarantine before I could run it. I solved the problem by using Google chrome browser to download the installer. For some reason many exe files downloaded with Internet Explorer 8 give Norton false positives.

Once I got that straightened out (took me a couple minutes) it ran without a hitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Kobold

??? Odd, I have the blue line on my exp bar. I didn't do anything special for it.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 07-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
??? Odd, I have the blue line on my exp bar. I didn't do anything special for it.
err oops. I had a private message regarding adding a mana bar to the party window... so reading "blue" in that post made my brain think of that.. so I typed a response regarding mana bars in party window...

yes it is possible to get a blue bar on the exp bar, but when I initially tried it it looked awkward. I may play around with it more when I get more time on my hands.