Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

AFK'd in ToV, trained at zone in, found a discord message on my phone while I was cooking and watching netflix

I was only lvl 58 by the time I got back. It could have been way, way, way worse but that was a big chunk of 60 I still haven't fixed yet....
Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

After reading some of these stories I have to commend the commitment. If I lost 5 levels from 60 to 55 I’d never log in again. That is rough.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

Tofat WAS 60, now hes 53. This death loop happened months ago. That one still seems the most epic after reading this thread. I think he made it down to 51 or 52 after the deleveling and rezzes

<Gravity>
Old 08-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people know my story but mine is very similar, a few months ago It was like the first quake after the rooted dragons change in ToV. My char is also bound outside and KoS to CoV. It was after a quake and pretty much everything had already been killed for the night including the dragons that still get pulled to zone line. I had to go for the night when my GF came over and I thought I /ex'd at the zone in, then immediately turned my screen off and walked away since she was waiting for me. Well after checking logs I fat-finger typod the /ex and typed /wx in my haste. From what I was told Aftermath tried to pull some mini's to zone in after all the bosses has been cleared and ended up training the entrance (just my luck). It deathlooped from max 60 all the way down to like 47 or some shit before a GM had gotten the petition and booted me out of game. Luckily some of the corpses still had rez timers but they were literally in the process of rotting exp timers as I was logging in. I promptly logged out and messaged in guild discord I needed a cleric to help me out ASAP.

What followed was the most epic 3 cleric chain rez triangle I have ever seen. They managed to get me back up to 55 before we ran out of corpses. I wager about a whole level of deaths expired during the rez chain. I petitioned to see if they could restore the lost exp but they don't do that anymore. I was really hoping they would since it was such a large amount of exp and not like I died once because of a lag spike or something.

To this day I'm still not back to 60. Not even back to 59 yet. This death loop really hurt because I really cannot play the amount of hours like I used to with my new assignment so I don't know how long it could be before I make it back to 60. On the brighter side I'm one of the best geared sub-59 rogues on the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that is brutal, mine happened in spring and I spent the summer casually soloing to 60 in HS and solb. It took me about 3 or 4 months to get 60 again.

The reason mine happened was, I was spinning at character select in WL and my cat (who loves walking on my keyboard) stepped on the numlock enter key.

If you have some free time I can. Plvl for fun and karma points in solb. PM me
Old 08-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

I just clicked someone ~35 times in WFP, hopefully they'll share their story.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 08-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Back on Live, I played on Nameless Server. A Shaman in LoS by the name of Mudcrush , played with his roommate Jojoba quite often, but apparently the 2 got into some weird inner roomate homo spat one day and.....

Apparently while Mudcrush was at work, Jojoba decided it would be clever to bind Mudcrush at the top of the Dreadland Spires while levitated, shortly after clicking levitate off and sitting back eating his Cheetos and watching months of work unwind before his (And the entire servers) ....eyes

no the gms did not restore his experience lol. I think he got home from work around level 17.

Mudcrush was kinda a dickhead though ....But no more than the average egomaniac hardcore over weight Cheeto lovin neck beard back then.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Does playing a ranger count as death loop?
Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Not really a death loop but to cheese my shaman epic I killed myself probably a hundred times in NFP to corpse gems from the very first quest. I got clicked every time to port back, but I have a screenshot somewhere othe area in front of nfp bank just covered with my corpses.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Mine was on live, months after launch:

I was on my dark elf necromancer, my most powerful alter ego.

I was exploring the Karanas, a new area to my evil eyes.

I followed the walls because I was good at this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then I thought "I should bind, I'm so far into these planes and have no clue where I am", so I opened the spell book and bound.

Then I look over the hill squinting my eyes and am like, "hey look!" (My friend was at my house after school that day) A magic tree look how scary that thing looks! Its got RED EYES! wow!!!"

"Hmm is it moving towards me??"

"IT IS RUN!"

I hear that terrifying fire spell sound and BOOM dead. 1 shot.

Sad, oh well... I'm out here having fun so no biggie. I expected a death that's why I bound!

What I didn't realize is, that I ran, back onto the same spot where I just bound.

Suddenly I spawn..

I hear that fire spell sound....

BOOM DEAD.....

Like the kind of dead where you slide as you load.

OH NO!" we shouted. "WHAT DO!?"

It happened like 5 times until we invented the idea (between the two of us) and pulled the plug.

Now in 1999 5 deaths in a row was like basically deleting your character. Nobody could imagine such exp loss!

Well I couldn't.

And that's my story!
Old 08-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Large Bat

Stopped playing on Tribunal Live a few months after the release of Luclin. Years later logged in on druid and hit gate. Was bound near bank in Firiona Vie. Yeah when did the faction change happen? Luckily was able to run away to a safe spot after a few deaths get my spells loaded and go fetch my corpse.
Closed Thread