Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 04:02 AM
Sarnak

Had a friend (new to EQ) start playing with me back in 2012ish

Took him to befallen in his mid 20's - he fell asleep while in a fireplace group and we wiped. After 30 mins one of the group who has left lets us know he was bound by the lake and was getting killed repeatedly.

Ended up guarding his corpse at the lake for an hour at 2am with a petition submitted. He eventually woke up and /q the game for 6 months.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 08-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default Plane of fear raid death loop.

my small death loop.

Eqmac raiding plane of fear with my druid bound in the middle of the zone as it was cleared to port some people out who had to leave raid.

Come back to raid and we finished clearing fear. Port everyone out and log out in free port forgetting to rebind.

Next day log in on my druid and gate thinking i was going to qeynos to continue working on some lower level quests.

NOPE

Arrive back in plane of fear fully spawned. All i see if all kinds of mobs around me and a lot more rushing at my poor druid. needless to say i died and spawn back again.

I died 7 times before i remember to pull the plug on my PC.

it was a saturday and finaly a few hours later a GM was able to clear fear mobs around my bodies and rez me back up. so i could port my self and rebind hell out of plane of fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 08-06-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Old 08-28-2019, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Not on P99. But back in 2001 on the Tribunal server I was in a guild called "Eternal Hero's". It was a Friday night and we were doing a Kael raid. We killed a lot of giants and got some decent drops. It was a fun night. So Here I was (55 Druid) porting guildies out after the raid. There were more peeps needing ports so I bound myself where I stood so I could port a group out and then gate back to get another group.

See where this is going?

It was late so after the last group was ported out I just camped in WC and went to bed. So I head out to Burning Woods Saturday night to quad kite hornets. Things were going well and I was tossing back a few beers. Ok I was drunk and stupid, I admit it. So of course I make a mistake and die. I had totally forgot about where I had bound last so my naked self pops in a room full of fully popped giants. Needless to say I die in about 5 seconds. Then I re-pop and die in 5 seconds. And again and again and again.

I'm drunk so I am not thinking clearly and my dumb a$$ keeps trying to run out of the room (which is pointless with no sow). After about twenty corpses piled up I started asking for help in guild chat. That's when someone from my guild who wasn't drunk and stupid like me told me to shut off my computer and log on an alt. So I did and that finally stopped the death loop. I don't know exactly how many times I died in that loop but corpses were piled up like crazy. Maybe 30 or more.

Then a guildie came to my rescue. He logged in his 60 Monk and trained the whole room to a hallway where he would FD while I logged in, memorized ring of commons and ported myself out of there. Then I bound in WC and thanked him a hundred times for getting me out of there. But he wasn't done being my savoir because he then dragged all my corpses somewhere safe and logged in his epic cleric to rez each and every corpse. He even came to BW to rez the original corpse with all my gear.

I thanked him a thousand times and offered him 5K pp for all that work but he refused to take it. He did however make sure to tease me about for the remainder of my time playing on EQ live. But I deserved it, LOL.

Good times.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Last edited by kaluppo; 08-28-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

My first death loop was as a druid in Qeynos Hills, bound by the tower and got looped by Tovax which the guards would not help kill.
Also got stuck in Emerald Jungle later when I thought I had picked a safe spot and it was not.
Lately on the other emulator server that is +3 years, I got stuck with my brand new level 1 that kept getting ganked by the Orc Centurion walking by in GFay and quit out to never play again.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't deathlooped myself, but I remember a guildie during Luclin back on live deathlooped in Shadowhaven. He went from 60 down to like 25 after dying all night. He bound at the shadowhaven bank but a little too close to the edge of the pool. Would respawn and fall into the water and drown over and over.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:15 AM
Banned

LAS Night wAs NoT preTty in LguK

BaD Sk flopS baTs n Skells on BR
Me FDs buT forGit mE dOt fRog
me ruNs to saFe haLl maKe rOnG turN anD geT suPpliEr and sage/ex’s/cav GroUp DeD
everY 1 mAd
Den Me BR gRp getS suPpliER
2 raNgerS “forGet” to SnarE and Frog DropS thrU laDder hOle N deN 10+ MoAr frOgs eAt mE

da enD
Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

I once saw someone bound inside Crushbone. I don't know if he AFKed or fell asleep, but he was standing knee deep in his own corpses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a wizard and bound outside Sebilis, and fell asleep in a chef group and woke up to my naked wizard at the orb with 10+ bodies next to me from that one roaming froglok.

GMs gave me my corpse back but not my exp, went from 57? to 52 and was devastated. I never hit 60 until Velious, but had my epic.
Happened to me once
Closed Thread