Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Found a new gym called the steel mill in the heights. I’m doing way more weight now due to the atmosphere (no women in yoga pants with cameltoe distracting the shit out of me)

Started mead’s bench thing using 315 as my 1RM. I don’t understand how I bench so much but never move up in lat pulldowns. Oh well, GAINs. Doing a cardio day... rowing and a bunch of burpees. Then I will sadly, in the absence of my wife, watch more anime.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Banned

nice dad gainS

forced myself to take a walk outside today on this fine summer day
Old 08-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

just looted a brand new pack of American Spirits off the ground

Smoked one to remind myself how gross cigarettes are and actually tastes ok

Going to drop the item outside the lounge I’m about to pass by because smoking not marijuana is still grocE
Old 08-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a new gym called the steel mill in the heights. I’m doing way more weight now due to the atmosphere (no women in yoga pants with cameltoe distracting the shit out of me)

Started mead’s bench thing using 315 as my 1RM. I don’t understand how I bench so much but never move up in lat pulldowns. Oh well, GAINs. Doing a cardio day... rowing and a bunch of burpees. Then I will sadly, in the absence of my wife, watch more anime.
LOL

Nice dude. I'll be trying meads suggestion this week myself. R u n the heights or west u?

C u REAL SOON

Gratz lulz for non smoking gains
Old 08-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just looted a brand new pack of American Spirits off the ground

Smoked one to remind myself how gross cigarettes are and actually tastes ok

Going to drop the item outside the lounge I’m about to pass by because smoking not marijuana is still grocE
I don't know what's up. Most of the time when I quit smoking smoke smells absolutely repellent. I'm 2 months clean now and it's never smelled bad this time. Feel like this bodes poorly because smoke still smells really good. Holding my breath and mentally cussing out any smokers I see or smell.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

showered & shaved my beautiful bald head after a pleasant summer walk and now it's time for uninterrupted EVERQUEST with 150+ of my cool & normal elves

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what's up. Most of the time when I quit smoking smoke smells absolutely repellent. I'm 2 months clean now and it's never smelled bad this time. Feel like this bodes poorly because smoke still smells really good. Holding my breath and mentally cussing out any smokers I see or smell.
It takes a year or two for the taste and smell of cig smoke to be revolting, yet revolting it becomes
Old 08-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Banned

i think it depends

im wondering if the fact it was american spirit and just tobacco vs like a newport, it did feel ok but i still felt like meh i'd rather smoke weed

i definitely have hurled internally passing by smokers recently

i definitely have fiended for newports during a binge in the past

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

That's what I'm saying. I think different variables when you quit affect the outcome. It took about 3 days for me to develop a strong aversion to my mother's BF's cigarette smoke probably about 5 years ago. That was one of the typical addiction managed by overeating quits and I relasped about 2 weeks in with an additional 10lbs. This time I actually kept my weight steady and I'm down about 8 lbs, but cigarette smoke (besides old on smoke on clothes /barf) hasn't become less appealing. Also I was unusually more hulked out angry the entire withdrawal this time, about a month, but it was a successful quit. Very bad odds for success to happen without medication. Was there different biological factors at play this time? I was on a new HRT dosage and had added progesterone which I believe has an effect on dopamine.

I know older ex-smokers who would hang around me when I smoked because they liked the smell after quitting for years. Always thought that was kinda pathetic, but I do not think this is a time related process. Something different happened and it's definitely a relapse risk factor.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-05-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Banned

definitely a relapse reminder

i thought of those day after mornings wandering around NYC bumming cigs like a junkie

don't miss it
Closed Thread