Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: What class do you plan to pvp with as your main?
Bard 29 10.86%
Cleric 20 7.49%
Druid 24 8.99%
Enchanter 18 6.74%
Magician 6 2.25%
Monk 5 1.87%
Necromancer 29 10.86%
Paladin 12 4.49%
Ranger 24 8.99%
Rogue 21 7.87%
Shadowknight 26 9.74%
Shaman 24 8.99%
Warrior 12 4.49%
Wizard 17 6.37%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Aviak

SK. what else?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

PALADIN FOR LIFE
Old 09-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Orc

Pretty sure I will play when this opens up (really hoping it does). 3 classes I am considering:

shaman:
strengths: sow, utility, resist buffs, hp buffs. poison dots which few classes will have resists to handle and which can basically 1-shot people. pets which can will run at sow speed (big +++ for merely kiting melee). heals. can take melee punishment fairly well. @ kunark they get a huge increase in power, probably best class at lvl 60.
This class basically has it all, plus I know how to play it.
weaknesses: from 1-34 they are hard to level. During those levels the heals suck for groups, the melee sucks, and the dots are inefficient. The class is really sub par PvE wise before 34 as far as I am concerned, and I fear falling behind in leveling. Even after 34 they are still slow.
heavily leaning toward this class.

necro: haven't really played this class before, but will give it a shot.
strengths: unresistable life tap, high dmg and heals. strong pets, root/snare. poison dots again which will be tough to resist. Easy to level. can level in cramped dungeons away from pesky druids.
weaknesses: not many weaknesses, but i suppose lack of sow is a major one. secondly not a great grouping class at any point. Never having played them really limits my knowledge here.
like this class a lot, its #2 for sure. Having not played one before makes me hesitant

mage:
strengths: very fast leveling, allows you to be ahead of the curve. Gear has very little use for pve at least. high-range bolts (but, if you play p99, you will know that bolts can currently be outrun without sow, at normal running speed, unlike live). Damage shields, great for melee. Pretty strong pvp class in the early levels. Best dps in the game by a long shot until high end melee gear... maybe best pve dps until kunark.

weaknesses: I consider mages to be a very poor pvp class in the long run, namely because they have no sow, no root/snare, and are almost entirely dependent on pets which can easily be cc'd due to the resist/level of pets. They have absolutely no utility that I can think of save a lore clicky dispell stick. Would probably only choose this class to try and get an edge on leveling and camp good stuff for an alt, as mages can solo a lot of good camps at 50 OR if I had a solid group of people and they needed dps for leveling.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard-Wiz is a sick combo, just kite shit around and let the wiz run up and PBAoE everything down
lol and what uber point blank aoe do they have in classic ohh wise one?
also how do they survive the damage
Old 09-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

im happy to see so several others wanting to roll a ranger! i figure its going to be hell to lvl this guy up, and will be tough the first 17 lvls, hell till we get sow at 39
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Aviak

I wish I could roll a ranger. but that shit is just so horrible to start with
Old 09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperfire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol and what uber point blank aoe do they have in classic ohh wise one?
also how do they survive the damage
^^^^^ What he said, let alone the resists and huge mana drain lmao.. you're looking at draughting someone once or twice then finishing them off with IC if possible if your running around with a bard.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

I'm actually now thinking Warrior, Ranger, Rogue or Enchanter. Can't make a decision but chanter seems to fit my playstyle.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

going rogue
Old 09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe wizard. Nice and simple class, not too crippled by resists or dispel, can port around to hunt people or avoid gank squads. The only problem will be leveling it, because zzz.
Closed Thread