Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

someone donate fifty grand, see if you get anything.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodowg2000bc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disabling target rings is basically a "fuck you" to newer, low level players. All the level 60s had the benefit of going to sleep during fucking boring, mindless exp grind groups, but now new players on the server don't have this benefit? Sure you've got your stupid club as big as you want it, I guess.

Also, this is an imbalanced nerf to short melees (dwarves, gnomes, and halflings). We have to look up at flashing names now.
Holy shit you suck at EQ if target rings actually make a difference.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Yea target rings don't rate in my top 5 UI features, or anywhere close.

Gimme Extended Target Window, Health of Targets Target, Delegate Main Assist, Guild window, or raid window over that crap :P.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Kobold

Blah. I really liked the target rings.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember thinking last month, "whats these cool ring things?"

Yay for classic IMO
^this
Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

lol they gone
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Meh. The target rings were nice to have as it made sorting out mobs a little easier but it's no big deal now that they are gone. I managed to do quite well in '99 with lashing names and will do well now.
There are a lot of nice aspects to the game which are being stripped away in the name of being classic and I am completely fine with them all. This is, after all, a server which aims to be as classic as possible. I would imagine that linked items will eventually be phased out, old model pets will be enforced, spell book watching to med up to a certain level etc. will be figured out and implemented. I will miss certain things but hey, the plan has always been to make the server as close to classic as possible so we know what to expect..
-----------------------
Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

I don't really care about the rings but removing spell sets is really frustrating. It's cruel to remove spell sets after enabling them, my spellbook was in disarray and I had instead organized spells via spell sets. Also as an enchanter you have way more useful lines than most other casters, swapping sets in the middle of combat was commonplace and now it's much harder to do. Most of the other casters never have any reason to do this.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really care about the rings but removing spell sets is really frustrating. It's cruel to remove spell sets after enabling them, my spellbook was in disarray and I had instead organized spells via spell sets. Also as an enchanter you have way more useful lines than most other casters, swapping sets in the middle of combat was commonplace and now it's much harder to do. Most of the other casters never have any reason to do this.
I play a shaman and an enchanter - probably the 2 classes hit hardest by this. Spell sets were nice but an organized spell book and /book ## buttons are easy enough to adjust to.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

I disabled the target ring when I first started playing here cuz I was like "wtf this isn't how I remember this game" I only turned them back on when I started raiding sky and realized what a pain it was to get in range of those damn essence tamer's lol but meh what ev ill get over it, I'm still more pissed about the helm graphics, cuz unless you are de or barb they are ugly as sin
Closed Thread