Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-09-2020, 01:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I'm not showing up on /who

People are claiming my character is not showing up on /who. To me I show up like normal, as does other chars, but others claim they can't see me and even ask how I have done it.

Honestly I have no idea what's causing it. And no, I am not Anonymous or RP or invisible. Communication works just fine (ooc, tells, etc).

Now I don't really mind since I'm just soloing, but I'm slightly worried I might be breaking some rule unintentionally.

Does anyone know what's going on, or whether this is server legal or not?

Thanks,
Your Troll Friend,
Stor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
The issue lies in the client interpreting those names as a race, and sending the race id to the server instead of the name when doing a who all.

It can't be fixed, other than disallowing names to be created that would match any of those. In order to do that we would need to somehow extract all the strings of race names from the client, which may be possible to do with a third party program but I haven't had the time.
Quoted Rogean from a 2010 thread where I asked the same question. Might be same issue?
Old 12-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

I have had this issue twice, where I was standing right next to a person in the zone. I could not see them, and he wasn't showing up on /who. However, all forms of communication worked properly.