Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Love to help out!

How many of you love, love, love! to help others out on P99? Put it on a scale of 1 to 10.

It's my nature, so I vote 10.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

I'd rate myself an 8. I enjoy it, but I need some Me time as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

I'd probaby rate myself a 6, but it honestly all depends.

If I'm running to EC and see a group of low geared individuals (probably a group of friends new to the server) I'll give the casters crack and the melee augment.

If There are people exping around my group (i pretty much always group) I'll give them c randomly sometimes, always if they ask for it nicely.

The thing I can't stand is when someone expects C and calls me a selfish SOB for not running across the zone (and leaving the spawn i'm camping) to do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Kobold

probably an 8 for me. I do need some me time once in a while. otherwise it's fun.

it's a harsh world otherwise out there.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Kobold

I'm definitely a 10. During a recent xp bonus session, rather than xping my character and taking advantage of the bonus, I PL'd a bunch of lower-than-lvl-10's the whole time I was on. When I get a few hundred plat (which usually takes me a while since I don't know how to make money), I usually buy a full set of bronze or a Blade of Xalgoz or something, and then I go to the lowbie zones looking for a player than can use it and is not twinked.

On Live, I started a DE Mage in November, 2000. After several years of playing this character regularly (a few times a week), I was only lvl 41, and that was the highest lvl I reached, because I spent most of my time online helping low lvls out. Honestly, I find that to be more fun than quad-kiting stuff that keeps resisting everything I cast on it.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Kobold

Perhaps a 3 or so, I enjoy helping out certain kinds of characters, namely trolls, ogres, unusual race/class combinations, or characters with names that I like. On the other hand, I will ignore players with stupid names or especially bad grammar, as I am annoyed by those things in particular.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainflush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps a 3 or so, I enjoy helping out certain kinds of characters, namely trolls, ogres, unusual race/class combinations, or characters with names that I like. On the other hand, I will ignore players with stupid names or especially bad grammar, as I am annoyed by those things in particular.
Agreed on the grammar issue, and also spelling for me. If someone is RPing as an ogre and asks for a SoW in phonetic ogre-speak, that's cool, and I actually enjoy and I'll try to RP back (even though I don't really know what a Wood Elf would sound like as opposed to a human). But if someone sends me a tell that reads:

"hay can u plzzzzz buf me or give me a sord im only lv4 an i dont hav any good wepon or anythng yet"

That person is not going to get any assistance from me, aside from my recommendation to resume and complete 3rd grade before operating a computer.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

bout a 7 or 8, since im still kinda low level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed on the grammar issue, and also spelling for me. If someone is RPing as an ogre and asks for a SoW in phonetic ogre-speak, that's cool, and I actually enjoy and I'll try to RP back (even though I don't really know what a Wood Elf would sound like as opposed to a human). But if someone sends me a tell that reads:

"hay can u plzzzzz buf me or give me a sord im only lv4 an i dont hav any good wepon or anythng yet"

That person is not going to get any assistance from me, aside from my recommendation to resume and complete 3rd grade before operating a computer.
Yeah, the ogre/troll-speak is different, and I actually find it somewhat amusing.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

i've given many items away, donated plat, bought stuff for people, held events in Gfay for the lowbies, i'd say i'm a 10, a mufuggin 10
Closed Thread