Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The disease DoT available to him does 6 damage a tick for 2 minutes. I haven't bothered with it. Takes far too much time.
Heh, when I was coming up, Affliction was bugged and did way more damage. Still, even 6/tick is worthwhile. The DPM is only slightly lower than Envenomed Breath and it's always nice to do extra DPS if it saves you a root.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, when I was coming up, Affliction was bugged and did way more damage. Still, even 6/tick is worthwhile. The DPM is only slightly lower than Envenomed Breath and it's always nice to do extra DPS if it saves you a root.
I did just notice that affliction takes 75 mana.. that's pretty steep. Over 10% mana for me, and E. breath is only 25 more. I may just stick to using a lower level nuke to take them down that last couple %. Maybe i'll experiment with both and see how it goes.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Uuuuuuuuuuugh. Just tried to solo a white-conned evergreen. It resisted EVERYTHING! And my root last about 10 seconds max. Took a serious beating, and with giants everywhere I was forced to gate back to FV. Super bummed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uuuuuuuuuuugh. Just tried to solo a white-conned evergreen. It resisted EVERYTHING! And my root last about 10 seconds max. Took a serious beating, and with giants everywhere I was forced to gate back to FV. Super bummed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's not really any reason to go after anything that's not a low dark blue con. You get way fewer resists, which means the best EXP flow.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I don't know why I tried it. Bah!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Just had to gate out again because I agrod 2, this is becoming less and less appealing heh. Im wondering if I should level on the iksars in the tunnel since im getting close to 26. I think I made about 20% exp just battling through those guys on my way to the giants.

Also, when I do hit 26 should I go and kill mammoths instead?

Another question, if I gate into the same zone will it drop my agro?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another question, if I gate into the same zone will it drop my agro?
90% sure the answer to this is 'no'. When you gate into the same zone there is no loading screen; you just pop up somewhere else. When you use an evac/succor-type druid or wizard spell that takes you elsewhere in the same zone, there is a loading screen, and you do lose all aggro. It's a strange distinction.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Kunark mobs are generally harder than old world mobs, go kill some birds at KFC. Go drop some guards or goblins in HH Keep and taste that sweet ZEM!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark mobs are generally harder than old world mobs, go kill some birds at KFC. Go drop some guards or goblins in HH Keep and taste that sweet ZEM!
Yeah man you do have a point. Kunark mobs are really tough.. The giants dont seem to be too hard but I dont really see the allure to killing them, besides maybe getting a forest loop. Mammoths seem to be about the same but each drop 10p worth of tusks.

One thing I need is a solid spawn that I can solo for some decent exp if I dont really have the time to get on and group. Sometimes I just hop on for 30 minutes hoping to grab a couple % towards my next level.

Am I high enough for HHK? That is one of my favorite zones. I used to kill thousands of guards there on my monk. What level can you start owning the guards?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% sure the answer to this is 'no'. When you gate into the same zone there is no loading screen; you just pop up somewhere else. When you use an evac/succor-type druid or wizard spell that takes you elsewhere in the same zone, there is a loading screen, and you do lose all aggro. It's a strange distinction.
Ah ok. I think im better off leaving my bind point in FV anyways, easier than fighting my way through the goblin tunnel. I hate those spell caster gobbys.
Closed Thread