Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Skeleton

Smile Cleric solo 40+

I am currently nearing level 39 on my cleric and this will be the end of my Unrest solo career. Is there something even remotely comparable to hags in terms of efficiency after level 39?

Sadly groups are horrendously slow on exp and they aren't always available. Thanks for any advice!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

I want to say you need to group till 44 when you get a new undead dd. Deep into lower guk should be some tasty undeads. Higher stuff beyond that I did some traknons teeth undead and some dreadlands undead. Finished out to 60 soloing undead in KC and killing dogs.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Kobold

Specters till 50, hands down the best option.

However, unless you're twinked out, or have a manastone, duo/trio is your fastest exp route to 60 at this point.

Or at least until 52+ (when you also have your epic), and then you can join AoE Chardok groups.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Why play a cleric if you're going to solo all the time? Cleric solo is incredibly slow and dull; at least hook up with an enchanter or monk and do a duo, it will be a lot faster than root-nuking. But I get it if your playtime is limited.

Anyway... if you need to solo, there are undead in Dreadlands you can do in the mid to high 40s; there are a bunch of them in the ruins near the wizard spires and the druid rings that are very easy to single pull. It's not going to be as good EXP as Unrest, though, of course, but it's not easy to solo a cleric in a dungeon. For low 40s, I'm not sure; there must be some outdoor zone with a decent number of undead around that level range. Maybe Emerald Jungle? Not a ton of undead there TBH, but definitely a few skeletons roaming around.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway... if you need to solo, there are undead in Dreadlands you can do in the mid to high 40s; there are a bunch of them in the ruins near the wizard spires and the druid rings that are very easy to single pull. It's not going to be as good EXP as Unrest, though, of course, but it's not easy to solo a cleric in a dungeon. For low 40s, I'm not sure; there must be some outdoor zone with a decent number of undead around that level range. Maybe Emerald Jungle? Not a ton of undead there TBH, but definitely a few skeletons roaming around.
I'd avoid kunark as much as possible. Mobs have more HP and are generally tougher to kill
Old 01-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

I did the skeletons at spire in Dreadlands safe area.

I would use the DE Snare neck, level 1 undead fear and nuke them a few times.

It's doable without snare neck, and undead fear is more mana efficient than rooting.

Lower Guk there really aren't many places to solo, or find solo frogs. Which is unfortunate. Spectres are okay but pretty camped and slow.

Grouping on a cleric in this era of the game however is the most boring thing imaginable so I tried to avoid it at all costs. Soloing allowed me to stop and watch TV or do something else while I medded.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

I did 39-41 on specs in feerrott, this is kinda slow though. I eventually moved to Kaesora which was much-much better xp. I went to the area around Xalgoz.

Mobs tend to hit weaker and have the same or less HP than Spectres and the ZEM is significantly bigger.

Couple issues with the area though:
1) The level range on mobs is retardedly wide. Like a 9 level variation on the same spawn point.
2) Getting down there is difficult. I had to use my necro to clear the see-invis spiders and then use invis pots.
3) Corpse recovery can be difficult. My cleric is ancient and bound in TD so it is easy for me to grab a couple invis pots and get back to Kaesora. I suppose you could always bind yourself in kaesora once you get down there and hope to catch a ride out when you're done.
4) You will have to lull to single pull several times.
5) Because of the range on mobs, once you hit lvl 47ish you'll have some efficiency issues. Only the two mobs that pop in Xalgoz' room are really guaranteed to always be blue and you'll get a decent string of green cons that end up wasting mana. YOu could still probably stay there until 50 or so but it's not going to be quick.

Still, it was significantly faster than the Spectres before level 44. After 44 the spectres are so easy it's laughable but you run into this awkward situation where you don't have enough mana regen to keep two locked down but only one leaves you sitting at full mana for a while waiting for repop.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Agree with estu, why not make friends with an enchanter and duo some lguk cash camps or something?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Aviak

Why has no one mentioned City of Mist Undead...pretty fair xp until 53+, just invis past the reg mobs when you need to get to next spot
Old 02-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping on a cleric in this era of the game however is the most boring thing imaginable ...
Say what?

I suppose that might be true if you group only with extreme twinks logging L60 alts to buff the group and then crushing the easiest available content that yields xp. I had one group like that (in CoM) and once I saw how it was I could not understand why they invited me. I left after 30mins of nothing to do, I think their Ranger took over healing.

Cleric is a ton of fun to group, especially with an aggressive puller in train-y zones like KC.