Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Should a Mob be Able to Run so Far Away it Unleashes Itself and Forgets About You?

While doing the Tainted Aqua Goblin camp for my Druid's epic I dragged a couple of PHs to the island above the underwater tower. I DoTed them both below 20%, but then I had to deal with something IRL, and when I came back both their roots had broke and they'd ran off into the lake.

It's virtually impossible to cast or hit them in the water (which seems like a bug), so I just sat and waited for them to heal up enough to come back ... but they didn't.

Instead one completely unleashed himself from me, and went back to his spawn point (and full health). The other tried to do the same thing, but I was able to catch him just before he got back to the spawn point, so he still had low health.

On live I don't remember a fleeing mob ever just forgetting you and going back to its spawn point, so this seems like a bug. But, my memory of classic isn't perfect, and I have no evidence to file with the bug, so I thought I'd ask for some wisdom from the crowd on the topic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

It is unclassic and should be removed, or at least limited to zones like PoF or ToV etc.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2018, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Mobs aren't supposed to run away forever. In classic they ran a certain distance away and stopped until you started chasing them. This is a documented bug on the bug forum. But no bugs can be fixed until whatever is stopping the devs from patching the server is resolved.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

I was always under the impression that if a mob was to hit their run threshold that they would run a certain distance but would eventually stop, and then if their HPs ever got back above the run threshold they would return to you and start attacking you again.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 11-13-2018, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

This ^

Mobs* should run away as long as they are low HP, and if/when they regen enough HP back, they should immediately start chasing you again (unless fear/blind/etc), regardless of how far away they are or how long ago they have been aggroed initially. It's that simple.

Leashing on P99 is a like a big zit on the face of an otherwise pretty girl.

* who aren't flagged as non-fleeing such as some undead etc.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

What is the first time on live anyone remembers leashing?

I remember discovering on my berserker at wall of slaughter that if I snared a mob then hit sprint I would make enough distance that the mob gave up chasing. I used this to reduce adds.

Obviously this anecdote is far past classic. Who knows how long I had overlooked this trick or when it was first implemented?
Old 11-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This ^

Mobs* should run away as long as they are low HP, and if/when they regen enough HP back, they should immediately start chasing you again (unless fear/blind/etc), regardless of how far away they are or how long ago they have been aggroed initially. It's that simple.

Leashing on P99 is a like a big zit on the face of an otherwise pretty girl.

* who aren't flagged as non-fleeing such as some undead etc.
This is definitely how it happens, i let a fleeing mob regen some hp to see what happened and it came back to fighting me after getting up to 30%. Not sure if level affects it but the mobs that flee 100% come back when they regen enough hp unless they ran over 1000 locs from the player that would make them leash.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Either make leash range ridiculously small so you cant pull dragons in ToV, or get rid of leashing altogether.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Banned

The underwater bug really is frustrating to me. Stops me from doing some camps I'd like to do.

Have a hard time with dragons in WW because they often flee into the water and become impossible to loot some times.
Closed Thread