Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Default Rampage tanking and other stuff I don’t know - New Warrior

Howdy! I created a new warrior on blue (the thinking man’s server) and hear about having a set of gear for rampage tanking that seems geared toward AC and not proccing hate...what? Can some tell me the story with rampage tanking?

Also when should I be thinking about using clickers for aggro? Is that just in emergencies and when main tanking a raid mob? Did the recent changes really gimp the basics beyond what a baller on a budget can manage?

Also I spent all my spell monies (have altitis something fierce) to buy my War basic gear such as HP/ac rings, set of banded, venomous axe, but wonder where I should focus next with limited/self funded budget. SCHW is probably my next target but would love insights into best value gear I should chase down.

Currently lvl 12
Bouldar Ogre warrior
Old 06-11-2020, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Ramage is determined by whoever was first on the mob’s aggro list (that isn’t the main target and is in range). You’ll never lose your spot as rampage tank, so really it’s all about being able to survive. Don’y worry about aggro or dps too much.

In groups aggro doesn’t really matter so much, you’ll have good enough weapons to stop the casters pulling aggro too often/too long and if other melee draw a lot of aggro they can probably take a few hits until they get things sorted.

The few raids I’ve been on recently just let the tank build aggro lead through swings before calling assist. Honestly it’s been better than the mallet dumps.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

And regarding stats, ac might help with some targets, with some others it changes nothing... The most important stat is just plain hp...
Closed Thread